SSB Sheik or Zero suit samus

• Thread starter delfox0926
  • Start date
delfox0926

delfox0926

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
The two strongest women in the game (for now) Sheik and zero suit Samus which would you choose? Do you main one of them? And please say why you chose them.

Reactions: Edalex and Luxer
You should have added a poll, because certain people dont respond and just vote. At first glance, it appears that zero suit samus is surperior due to a much more prominent KO factor. These two are practicaly clones, lightweight, fast, down B for vertical recovery, finisher up special, etc. However, I would say sheik because, much like fire emblem, speed>power. Sheik beats ZSS to the punch with her... punches... and her combo ability is amazing, not to mention (one of) the best airiel edgeguards in game, and at the same time best recovery, despite having no acess to counter or triple jumps or whatever pit's up B is. However, to be fair, ZSS is the second best character in the game.

I like Sheik more, apparently (though that doesn't mean I don't like ZSS :p)
I think that I've probably used Sheik more and I like her specials and her overall "sneaky" gameplay style. Sometimes it's hard to manage getting kills with her but she an do some good combos =P

I've always liked Sheik more. She's been more fun to play for me. That said, I feel like Zero Suit Samus plays kinda similar to Sheik, or at least that's how I play her, and she's been enjoyable to play. Basically I like both.

Sheik that's the obvious answer

I main both!☺

I personally like ZSS better but I guess it depends what your comftarble.
I play sheik kind of often but I personally win more with ZSS as well since I'm not very used to her.
In competetive play sheik is better, because of her aerials, combos and edgegaurd.

I don't main either, and don't especially like either of them cos I don't have any enjoyment in playing them.

However, objectively ZSS is the better character. They are both comparable in speed (both in running and in pulling out aerials etc), combo potential moveset options, however ZSS is far superior with kill potential, being able to kill much earlier. This one factor makes ZSS superior, but it's not just what the characters can do, but how the player reacts to the opponent, reads and plays.

That's assuming the ZSS plays perfectly however, which isn't really a thing in Smash 4 yet, keep in mind everyone it's difficult to definitively say since people are STILL not good enough at the game to determine who the best character is yet.

I'd say Sheik is the best since she's the best at avoiding damage, she's safe on most of her spacing moves, her neutral game is just silly really, plus she has needles, she's literally the best defensive character in the game, that much can't really be argued, ZSS can put up a good wall too but it doesn't compare to Sheik's absurd rubbish which makes her a pain, I mean

The problem that ZSS has is that her combo start ups are unsafe, her grab for example puts her at a disadvantage, her throws and combos are godly, better than Sheik's, but her grab can leave her at risk, unlike most of the moves that Sheik players use.

As I said the question is very hard to answer since believe it or not things are still early days, but I'm leaning more towards Sheik just because of her safety, what makes her so strong is her neutral stance.

in terms of who i prefer theyre both overused like crazy im tired of watching them

I decided that I wanted to main Sheik before the game even came out because Sheik is simply cool in character and design, ninjas are cool, I also player her a lot in Melee, and I was happy that she was really good in 4, but then I got bored with her and swapped since everyone used her, and I was just another boring Sheik main, not trying very hard to do anything cool.

It's the same case with ZSS, just not as much, I wish every character was as good as ZSS.

Last edited:
I would have to say sheik, even though they are both almost completely identical. Both are super agile, both of vertical recovery moves, both ate super fast. Sheiks up+b move is cool, and her reg. B move is long range, so im leaning more towards sheik. Sheiks up+b move can KO pretty well if the opponent is above 100. anyways, thats my opinion!

I've tried to use Sheik on many occasions but I can never get use to her. In one particular match, I've tried to hit hard at every opportunity I had but I hardly got a knockout. In fact, most of them where stolen. But with Zero Suit Samus, I feel like I get them more easily. That's why I choose not to play as Sheik anymore.

really? wow, sheik is 1 of the easiest to use...

Sheik's attacks are way better in my opinion

Back