Shield surfing or Gliding In BOTW

• Thread starter freezebot
  • Start date
freezebot

freezebot

PineappleDoggo <3
Towns Folk
Well all of us who have the game have most likely tried 1 or both of these methods of travel, But which one is more effective and which one is more fun. Well, gliding has its ups like being able to drop onto horses, Saving yourself from fall damage, and avoid some ground guardians. Shield surfing has its advantages too like going really fast down a slope, Being able to do amazing tricks, And just save yourself from monsters chasing you. It also has its downsides like Slowing down when not on a downwards slope, Degrades your shield, and You still take fall damage. The downside of the paraglider is that its really slow sometimes when the wind is against you, and you can be sniped by guardians. The really good thing is that you can mix both of them together so you can avoid some death screens and you can show off on social media. So what method of travel do you like in Botw.

I am not sure if it is the most effective way of travelling but it is certainly the funniest way of going around and that is shield surfing. The funny thing about it was that I had no idea how shield surf on the game. I watched some gameplays and saw that you needed to have your shield equipped and then you must jump. I did all of it and yet I could not shield surf through hyrule. So I must confess, I had to watch a video in which they explained how to shield surf !!

Shield Surfing.

While I myself have never played BoTW (or even own a Switch), I think shield surfing was a fun was to traverse down mountains.

Now, if we could put a bomb down, slam our shield on it, and ride through the air like in the TV show, THAT would be my reason for getting a Switch.

I really grew to love gliding. It's oddly soothing just to fly over the vast land . I often get lost just looking around at all the little details while gliding around. I also love creating an updraft with a fire sword so I could jump and glide to easily one shot those guardians.

Now I don't hate sheild surfing , I just don't do it often since it wears your sheild down so fast. I did lose quite a few hours playing the sheild surfing mini game however.

I typically use gliding to travel, even though I have the Hylian Shield, which takes like 30mins of constant surfing to break. I just find it much easier to enjoy the scenery by gliding rather than the constant input required to shield surf. On the other hand, shield surfing is my choice for hills.;)

Back