Shin Megami Tensei IV too expensive

• Thread starter 532
  • Start date

Is SMTIV too expensive?

• Total voters

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Who agrees with me that Shin Megami Tensei is too expensive? A whopping 49.99$ for a Shin megami Tensei IV?
Do you guys think that this price is worth the money you have to pay?
Let me know what you think about it.

It's much longer than most 3DS games so I definitely think it was worth it, and I've really enjoyed what I've played of it.

Reactions: Marc
I didn't realize it was selling for $49.99. Is that just a standard version, or is it some kind of collector's edition? I hope at that price it at least has a real manual!

Anyway, seems expensive to me - I don't own it though and have never played it however.

Worth it! The physical contains a soundtrack CD and a strategy book, so don't miss it. But if you go digital, wait until Atlus gives a discount again since it's often discounted to $30.
And yes, I got 90 hours in a playthrough but you need to finish it 3x to understand fully what happened in the SMT IV world.

Reactions: 532 and Marc
I purchased the game as soon as they released it and I have to say, it was worth every penny for me. I normally finish Mario games in hours, but Shin Megami Tensei IV took me days, :eek: (then again, I was writing tutorials for it)

Check out this review and see if it's a game for you - http://3dspedia.com/shin-megami-tensei-iv-review/
I didn't realize it was selling for $49.99. Is that just a standard version, or is it some kind of collector's edition? I hope at that price it at least has a real manual!
Strangely, both are the same price :

15-610x490.jpg

But the digital version has been receiving nice discounts lately ($40 and $30) so that's good.

It's better to purchase the game at a store such as GameStop or Walmart because you'll get it for $40 instead of $50 (Walmart is a little bit more expensive than GameStop though).

Reactions: 532
Knowing more about it now, I think the price seems fair. I can't imagine any interested in the game would choose digital over that package! I'd like to see more games come bundled with guides and soundtrack cd discs!

Knowing more about it now, I think the price seems fair. I can't imagine any interested in the game would choose digital over that package! I'd like to see more games come bundled with guides and soundtrack cd discs!

I downloaded for $50 :oops: I really don't care about physical items because really, I could just look/listen to them on the internet. Not sure why, but for whatever reason I liked to download all of my games now.

I downloaded for $50 :oops: I really don't care about physical items because really, I could just look/listen to them on the internet. Not sure why, but for whatever reason I liked to download all of my games now.

Oh sorry, didn't mean it as a shot or anything. More of an expression of just how much higher value this physical collection had over the digital counterpart! Even though I can't see myself ever favoring digital games over physical copies, I may start to feel similar to you (for certain titles only) when Nintendo finally gets a real account system.

Reactions: BjFauble
well for me it's not the prize that matter's its the game for me you don't mind the prize as long as you wanted the game go buy it:oops::oops::oops:

That used to be my case but now I look at the price because I live alone now

That used to be my case but now I look at the price because I live alone now
so if the prize is high maybe wait for it... im sure nintendo will put it on sale:D:love:

Yes that's the way it is LOL

Yes that's the way it is LOL
hehehe.. im waiting for the next sale of mh3.. sooo let's both wait in time hehehe:oops::oops:

Lets do that

Back