Shin Megami Tensei Sale

• Thread starter faustine
  • Start date
faustine

faustine

Write even if no one's reading.
Towns Folk
Atlus is AGAIN having a sale. Now the thing is, I really don't like the Etrian gameplay, because I get dizzy by just walking around. So, based on that, what Shin Megami Tensei would you recommend for me? (Or not, 'coz it ain't for me? :()

I watched Devil Survivor Overlocked, and I guess I can live with its controls. It's a fire emblem-feel, which I can live by.

Shin Megami Tensei IV is somewhat... a little serious? Please correct me, or enlighten me for this series.

And, is it worth it for 15 bucks? Thanks in advance, guys.

Reactions: 18
I've heard great things about SMT4, and I may pick it up during this sale. I'm fairly new to the series, so I can't give you any real recommendations, but I'd say most of the games are definitely worth $15 bucks. If I don't pick one of these up, I imagine my introduction to the series will be SMTxFE, and I don't really want that one to be my first game. xD

Reactions: faustine
Every SMT game is serious, even Devil Survivor. Just grab it if you want one - not as hard as Etrian Odyssey, but it surely has dark, religious/moral theme.

And yes, definitely worth your money.

I'd say to get the sMT 4 from the eshop o if you don't like dungeon exploring games. It is really good and has a lot of voice acting In it. Getting it for 15$ is a really good deal. Overall I'd say you give dungeon crawling a try and get etrian but if you don't want to then just get SMT 4

I found a let's play of Shin Megami Tensei IV in youtube and watched the first 1 hour (wow) gameplay of it. Voice acting was much more awesome than in Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overlocked. And it's not that dead serious, so yeah. I might get the Shin Megami Tensei IV instead of Devil Survivor. Thank you so much for your insights regarding this dilemma of mine lol. Thanks guys!

Reactions: dwikrid
I wrote reviews of both games :
  1. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked Review
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV Review
I liked Devil Survivor Overclocked more because it has interesting characters as well as an interesting storyline. The storyline and characters of SMT4 aren't going to appeal to the average Joe, but it has a lot of content, much more than DS Overclocked.

I think SMT4 will offer more gameplay hours (especially if you're playing on the hardest difficulty) and is the better choice to get during a discount because of its sky high price tag (basically, the discount is better compared to DS Overclocked).

Reactions: dwikrid and faustine
Anyway @Marc, the normal price of digital SMT IV is now $30, just the same as DeSuOverclocked :p

Reactions: faustine and Marc
Back