Shinies More Common

• Thread starter sufari1234
  • Start date
sufari1234

sufari1234

Pokémon Master
Towns Folk
A friend at school today was telling me that as of the release of X and Y, shinies were about 1 in 1000 now. I don't know if his statistics are correct or not, but apparently it's making a lot of people mad. Thoughts?

I never really cared much about shiny Pokemon. They are more common in the 6th gen Pokemon games IMO. I've been playing Diamond for 1000s of hours and I've only gotten two shiny Pokemon under my name.

I've been playing Pokemon Y for a couple of days and I've already caught a shiny Gabite, :eek:

Yeah a lot of people don't really care for shinies, but there are actually a whole lot of shiny hunters out there and it's basically all they do on Pokemon games. A lot of shiny hunters feel kind of cheated now that just anyone can find them anymore.

Btw I totally meant to call the thread Shinies More Common. I need sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Marc
I haven't caught or seen a Shiny Pokemon in my entire life (except Red Gyrados, at Lake of Rage), well I guess that if they are more common in Pokemon X/Y people who enjoy hunting them down should feel bad about it, the fun of it was to feel accomplished when you do find a Shiny Pokemon, not if you just walk in the grass you see more than one of them, I think it sucks that its more common to find now, I won't feel as happy because they rose the chances of finding one.

I've never really been a part of shiny hunting. In fact, I don't like shinies. They have no real value other than looking different, and most of the time their colors are ugly. I'd rather stick to the traditionally-colored Pokemon than catch a shiny. That's my own honest opinion.

I've never really been a part of shiny hunting. In fact, I don't like shinies. They have no real value other than looking different, and most of the time their colors are ugly. I'd rather stick to the traditionally-colored Pokemon than catch a shiny. That's my own honest opinion.
Yeah it is a lot of work to catch one but their really isn't much value to one being caught except the different color, I am not to sure if their stats differ to the point that it makes a certain difference, so you are right, I like the colors of some but others are ugly. :)

There's people who find a lot of them (like every hour) and some people who played more than 300 hours and didn't found anything...

So I think they don't changed the rate in this game honestly.

Shiny pokemon aren't of a big thing unless you're a shiny hunter who catches shinies just to sell it on the internet for real cash , I've already caught a shiny gurrdur after playing for like 2 weeks ?

Shiny pokemon aren't of a big thing unless you're a shiny hunter who catches shinies just to sell it on the internet for real cash , I've already caught a shiny gurrdur after playing for like 2 weeks ?
Shinies are a big thing if you're big on the different colors some of them have :p

A friend at school today was telling me that as of the release of X and Y, shinies were about 1 in 1000 now. I don't know if his statistics are correct or not, but apparently it's making a lot of people mad. Thoughts?
I don't think they changed the shiny rate. If anything, I think they added methods to increase the shiny rate that haven't been confirmed yet (like perhaps tipping the photographer and chain fishing)

Back