Shinies you couldn't catch

• Thread starter ianarceus
  • Start date
ianarceus

ianarceus

Only the awesomest member of this site
Towns Folk
What are some shiny Pokemon you have encountered but failed to catch for varous reasons.

Reasons I can think of.

You accidentally killed it
The Pokemon committed suicide
You ran out of Poke Balls
You accidentally ran away from it.

I am making this post because just a few minutes ago, I encountered a wild shiny Litwick that committed suicide with Memento.

I have never failed to catch a shiny but you never know if you've skipped one if the color of the shiny is similar to its original. The only chance I would've gotten to losing one would be Xatu in Sapphire because it was from the Safari Zone but I didn't like it anyway because it was Quirky >_<.

I already failed 3 times when catching a shiny , the first one was a Surskit in pokemon emerald in the first route i had no pokeballs yet so i could not catch it, the other one was a duduo in black 2, i had 1 pokemon only with low HP, no potions and the duduo killed me, the other was a scraggy in pokemon X that i accidentally killed from a horde, it died from my surf , i was to fast and i only noticed this in the end.

I've never seriously tried to get a shiny. Sometimes I might soft-reset a couple times, but I never actually tried for one. i might use the chain method though although it could take quite some time before I am able to get a sizeable collection. My fear is that I'll see some shiny of a lesser-known Pokemon and not be able to notice it before running away.

I've never seriously tried to get a shiny. Sometimes I might soft-reset a couple times, but I never actually tried for one. i might use the chain method though although it could take quite some time before I am able to get a sizeable collection. My fear is that I'll see some shiny of a lesser-known Pokemon and not be able to notice it before running away.
Does that mean you have encountered a shiny Pokemon?
I already failed 3 times when catching a shiny , the first one was a Surskit in pokemon emerald in the first route i had no pokeballs yet so i could not catch it, the other one was a duduo in black 2, i had 1 pokemon only with low HP, no potions and the duduo killed me, the other was a scraggy in pokemon X that i accidentally killed from a horde, it died from my surf , i was to fast and i only noticed this in the end.
It is very rare to encounter a shiny Pokemon before you can get Pokeballs. That is very lucky and unlucky at the same time.

I encountered a shiny weedle in almost 2 hours of play and I didn't have any Poke Ball with me o_O

Does that mean you have encountered a shiny Pokemon?

It is very rare to encounter a shiny Pokemon before you can get Pokeballs. That is very lucky and unlucky at the same time.

Uh, no I have never encountered a shiny Pokemon. I've only traded for a few such as Darkrai and Dratini. The sun does not shine upon me.

In Pokemon Emerald I battled a Shiny Clefairy in the Battle dome once... Though of course I couldn't catch it because it was a CPU's pokemon... :(

In Pokemon Emerald I battled a Shiny Clefairy in the Battle dome once... Though of course I couldn't catch it because it was a CPU's pokemon... :(
I feel sorry for you. It normally is good luck to encounter a shiny pokemon but in cases where you literally cannot catch and didn't have a chance to is very unlucky. It seamed to happen to you.

My brother saw a shiny Geodude in that cave under the bridge in Pokémon Platinum while he was playing my file. It was a Double Battle, and the Geodude self-destructed. Critical hit, everything died.

My brother saw a shiny Geodude in that cave under the bridge in Pokémon Platinum while he was playing my file. It was a Double Battle, and the Geodude self-destructed. Critical hit, everything died.
That was just like the Memento that wild litwick I encountered used except it was in the lost hotel and Nothing died. My stats were lowered so the litwick couldn't be caught.

Almost all the shiny were hard to catch on Pokemon non of them were easy and the most hard to get ones where the ones located in the tiny grass as if you make a faulty move they will go away and you'll have to remake the chain all over again when it's broken but i got my hands on some of them they may be hard but not for me

Back