Gen 6 Shiny Charm Run: The Countdown Begins!

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
thanks to a good amount from my new friend @Leaandro15, im now able to finish the remainder of the national dex on my own. i give a large amount of credit and many thanks to him for being so kind to help with this grueling and very time consuming job here, especially with the very small pc fee he agreed would be enough here, considering my very small pc balance(i only had i think 102 pc at the time, he requested 50 and i sent them). i give my many thanks to him for helping me get so far here. anyways, i will now inform you of my progress here.

i have less than 40 pokemon i need to finish this off, and i intend to make good use of today and go for it. :sneaky: i already have the lower forms of the remaining mons i need, so all i need to do is what i do well and very proficiently: exp grind and use super training for any stones, if needed (example: i need a dawn stone to evolve a male kirlia and do not have one on hand, so i need to use the super training to get one). btw, that is merely an example; i already have gallade from doing that. i just wanted to keep it simple here, nothing more. so, i will grind and finish off my dex once and for all to get my shiny charm.

also, to inform my friends and fans here, i will be doing shiny charm testing once i get it. in other words, i will go get it and see how easy it really is finding shinies with it, especially me being a person hearing a lot of talk everywhere in the gaming community about numerous people having very, very brief shiny hunts. i will get the item and investigate the subject myself, so i can see if it truly is that powerful. i will post these tests in the blog, one by one, and try to keep records on my cpu if i cant get google docs working on my android again.

my purpose for keeping records is so i can look at every shiny hunt i have with the shiny charm, and see how many encounters/eggs it took me to get one shiny pokemon. im doing this because i want to confirm if the heresay i described above is in fact correct. the only thing i do not have the intelligence to do here, however, is calculate the shiny encounter increase thats caused by the shiny charm, and that would really help me get a basic idea of how this will probably go. if anyone has enough mathematical knowledge to explain this and show me the equations, then that would be of great significance for me, thank you in advance.

Back