Short Guide to Getting ALL Free eShop Games & Demos!

• Thread starter randysilverwolf
  • Start date
randysilverwolf

randysilverwolf

Wibbit
Towns Folk
NOTE: I've only tried this on a New 3DS XL, I'm assuming this works the same on all other 3DS and WII/U consoles.

Hi guys, I'm pretty new here but I figure i can be of some help none the less~
I did my best to search the forums to see if any guides like this exist already but I haven't seen any thus far, but If this is a duplicate please let me know and Ill delete this thread.
But if not please Sticky or something so everyone can benefit ^^

ANYWAYS ON TO THE FREE GOODNESS!!!

1. While in the Nintendo eStore app, open the Menu button in the top left of the screen.
2. Scroll down to the price field and change the "Any" to maximum price of "0" (that's the number zero)
3.Click apply filters and that's literally it!! This will load all free games and demos, and also all updates available for all games. Note this wont give DLC stuff, unless the DLC happen to be free.

Hope this comes in handy for you guys, have a good one!

Reactions: 18
If you want to find *all* free stuff including updates then this works fine, but if you want only the free games, scroll a bit to the right on the main menu of the eShop until you find a block saying free to play. Click it, and there you go! All free games available on the eShop, sorted out by Nintendo. ;)

Thanks for that!
I do see free to start but I cant find free to play :(
Do i have to unlock it on the main menu or something to that effect?

Thanks for that!
I do see free to start but I cant find free to play :(
Do i have to unlock it on the main menu or something to that effect?
Are you in the eu? If you are then that's probably the reason. Those 'muricans have it easy.

Reactions: Blue Knight and randysilverwolf
Are you in the eu? If you are then that's probably the reason. Those 'muricans have it easy.
I'm in the EU and I actually have that option too. But the eShop varies per country. :p

Reactions: randysilverwolf
I have actually tried that method once and it did prove to be quite useful :p Though I'm usually kept up to date with the latest games and demos which show up on the eShop, I saw a few things I missed, which were nice to try. Doing such method would be pretty useful for anyone just getting a 3DS and wants to check all the free stuff on the eShop. Some older demos don't appear in the "demos" section so yeah :p

Reactions: randysilverwolf
Ahh I see, I did only get my ds a few weeks ago. Im in the Caribbean so I guess my eShop is different indeed, thanks for looking out guys ;D

Ahh I see, I did only get my ds a few weeks ago. Im in the Caribbean so I guess my eShop is different indeed, thanks for looking out guys ;D
You're welcome. :3 Is it very bad I imagine you to be Jack Sparrow now?

You know oddly enough I live only an hour away from a legendary pirate city called port royal xD. Pirates werent as rampant as its made out to be in the movies, but there were still quite a few, had to study them a bit for archaeology ^^

You know oddly enough I live only an hour away from a legendary pirate city called port royal xD. Pirates werent as rampant as its made out to be in the movies, but there were still quite a few, had to study them a bit for archaeology ^^
You have archaeology classes? I'm jealous now. Also, we're getting of-topic. :p

Back