Should Amiibo be compatible with older WiiU games?

• Thread starter Doctor Strange
  • Start date
Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange

Master of the Mystic Arts
Towns Folk
I was recently thinking that it would be awesome if Nintendo updated some of their older Wii U games to have Amiibo compatability. Think about it, for Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, if you scan the Donkey Kong Amiibo, you can get 10 more lives and the Diddy Kong Amiibo can give you more Banana Coins. For Super Mario 3D World, the Mario Amiibo can make your ghost Mii wear a Mario cap, the Luigi Amiibo will give your Mii a Luigi cap, Peach Amiibo can make the Mii wear Peach's crown, The Rosalina Amiibo can give you Rosalina's crown and wand, and Toad's Amiibo can make your Mii wear Toad's mushroom. And for Wind Waker HD, if you scan the Toon Link Amiibo, you get a brand-new item only available through Amiibo. So older games should also have Amiibo compatibility and I wonder how the new Star Fox game will use Amiibo?

I agree, but it's more likely that they'll just flat out make sequels of some of those games. Nintendo doesn't really like to update older games like this.

Nintendo Land is TOO perfect for them to pass up, though. It's only a matter of time before Nintendo Land 2....

Well, Captain Toad isn't an older game so to speak, but it will be getting an update for Amiibo compatibility when the Toad amiibo releases. While it isn't very likely this will happen, you never know, I suppose.

Nintendo Land 2 will also probably happen. It didn't take long for NES Remix 2 to release so..NL2 won't surprise me at all.

Sure! They would be unlock something new!

Back