Should college students be allowed to carry guns to school?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I came across how it's either currently going on or going to start eventually in the US..

There was a certain group protesting how they're going to fight that absurdity with another more "inappropriate" absurdity, but this topic is for arming students.

So basically, college students could carry a gun to their classes to "protect themselves". The aim is to prevent being helpless in a situation where a mass murder takes place.

Do you believe college students should be armed at school? Please state your reasoning.

They also need training if they carry a gun. I really don't agree with it because there are already Police in colleges for security reasons and every time I went to a certain college I always met a security guy roaming in the place. Not to say it's bad but more guns would make people feel less safe and may encourage some to just leave. If there's a class involving shooting as a sport I could see how you would allow it but there would have to be rules like open carry and such.

no, it would be more dangerous ,no only because they would have guns, but also because, if something dangerous happen, some kid who could wish to be the hero could end wounding even more people
its absurd to think that the general population should have guns, if there are no guns, its will be harder for a murderer to kill people ,its as simple as that

Nah, I don’t feel like that’d be a good desicion at all. Imagine if some idiot gets triggered by something someone said about them, and then they just shoot them in a fit of anger. Unless they’ve had proper training like @Artisan said, they probably shouldn’t be carrying around firearms unsupervised.

Also, the fact that they’re college students means that they might be completely irresponsible outside or inside of class with a gun. So, basically my answer is no.

Yeah no. We Americans think that Canada is weird for bagging milk, then we are over here thinking 'HMM! What a great idea of bringing dangerous weapons into a school!'

Like come on, they are college students... that's like entrusting a handgun to an elementary student... or a high school student.

i think its a bad idea altogether. what if one of those college students start a mass murder in the college? just like what @Samster said, someone can get triggered and start a shooting. also what @Artisan said, there are already security guards. having weapons in school doesn't make sense.

What? This is a terrible idea. College students are some of the most stressed people out there. Stress + Guns doesn't equal a good outcome usually. Especially not if many many students are involved. Yikes.

• Funny
Reactions: Jisenku and phofufury
Outlier here - yes, as long as they have proper conceal carry permit, of course. Though I do believe there should be classes required to have a conceal carry permit. My mom took classes before she got hers, and I intend to do the same.

Reasoning: I am 4' 11" female, living in large city in Pennsylvania - AKA, higher population = higher crime and I live near center city. I am preparing to get my conceal carry (a few years late but still) because the amount of crime around here is crazy, plus my stature. Over across town, one of our Target stores is a hot spot for women & women with children being followed. I am also a mother and if someone ever touched my son there would be a real problem; I need a way to protect us both. I go to school online exclusively, but my job does not allow us to have weapons within work, which is understandable but also, what happens if we get robbed? High volume + high value items in store = bad mix.

You all have good reasoning though. I enjoyed reading this.

Back