Should Cuphead be moved to 3ds and more nintendo consoles??

• Thread starter malakhai123
  • Start date
malakhai123

malakhai123

I just want a switch D':
Towns Folk
as much as it rages me out,i luv it.:headphone:

3DS screen is too low res for a good Cuphead experience IMO (Rayman Legends all over again), but I'd love to see it on the Switch.

Reactions: 18
Switch version would be great, but isn't it Xbox exclusive?

I have it on PC, but maybe console exclusive/timed-exclusive. I hope not.

I have it on PC, but maybe console exclusive/timed-exclusive. I hope not.

It's on PC because of that thing Microsoft did with the whole cross platform thing.

I don´t see why they should port that game on a nintendo platfrom. I am well aware of the game, and the really good game it is, but let´s be honest, it is a Microsoft exclusive, how could that end up on a nintendo platform, it is like pretending a mario game on xbox one. The game is great and it would be amazing to have it on the switch, unfortunately I don´t think that could ever happen.

Oh by golly, I hope not. The game is ridiculous enough as it is on a PC, I don't think I need the 3DS's controls to add to the difficulty.

i have xbox version

Reactions: Farhaan Raja
I don't think that would happen.

It will never happen but it would sell like crazy on the switch... just look at super meat boy. Also i think they could get it working on the new 3ds, and it’d look super cool with the 3d! But not a lot of people would buy it.

As much as I want it, sadly I don’t think this will happen.

as much as it rages me out,i luv it.:headphone:
Nah, because Microsoft paid quite the amount of cash to the devs to have it as a "Xbox-only" title in the console market (note the console market part, because that's why we also have it on PC).

Besides, considering the requirements on PC, I'd say that, just like many of the games that are designed for the PC/PS4/XB1 nowadays, they would have to change a lot of things to make it fit. Even with fine tuning, there's no assurance that, in some boss battles, the game would be smooth even on the Switch, which have barely 25% of the PS4/XB1 processing power, so, think about the 3DS, which have ~25% of the Switch's processing power if it's a New 3DS, and it's running at normal CPU frequency (268MHz mode, the 804MHz mode would put it a bit higher, but not that much. Also, the 3DS "GPU" is super obnoxious as I read, and doesn't support much in terms of graphical APIs). If we're speaking about vanilla 3DS, you can cut the power down by 50% more (two less cores + lack of CPU cache)

Which mean that in the end, you'd be trying to run Cuphead on a system that have:
Switch: ~25% of the power of the system Cuphead was "primarily" designed for (excluding PC because, PC is flexible, so it's harder to measure properly)
New 3DS: ~6.25% if in Normal Mode, ~12.5% if in Overclock + Cache mode
Old 3DS: ~3.125% (Old 3DS doesn't have a 804MHz mode or a CPU cache)

So, yup, sorry to be that guy who ruins parties, but, running Cuphead on a 3DS would be hard, very hard.

Oh, absolutely! That would be incredible! :D

Having it on the 3DS would be quite difficult, as the frame rate would be terribly bad. However, on the Switch is a different story. For a while, people thought that they would release it on Switch, but it never happened, sadly. :(

Perhaps they’ll consider porting the game to Switch when the new DLC releases in early 2019? If so, I would happily purchase the game again. It’d be great to relive fighting all those bosses again. :redpanda:

Back