Devil Survivor Should I bother getting Break Record?

• Thread starter FirstSerpent
  • Start date
FirstSerpent

FirstSerpent

Button Masher
Towns Folk
I've played the original DeSu 2 for literally Hundreds of hours and I've managed to get every single ending you can, back in like 2012/2013. I was planning on waiting 2-3 years before I picked it up so I could have a somewhat nostalgic experience, without remembering absolutely everything that happened and not being able to enjoy the game. But with Persona Q Out (Biggest fan of 3 so I Need This.), Monster Hunter X and Fire Emblem: Fates on the way, I'm not really sure it's worth it. :confused:
Can any of you who've played both give me your opinion on the game compared the the original one for the DS? :D

Persona Q feels more like the Etrian Odyssey games.

If you've waited a long time to forget what happened in the original Devil Survivor 2 DS game, then it'll be worth picking up Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker for the 3DS, but if you're considering it over Fire Emblem Fates, that's another story e.e

I'd say get Fire Emblem Fates or Monster Hunter X unless you find Record Breaker at a discounted price (like 50% off).

The second part of Record Breaker can be considered its own game, but the first arc is noticeably longer.

Reactions: FirstSerpent
The second part of Record Breaker can be considered its own game, but the first arc is noticeably longer.
So not much added content, just additional features and essentially what Overclocked brought to DeSu One?
I'm not sure I remember exactly what happened but some of the main plot points and boss fights I can visibly imagine in my head. Thinking of waiting a little bit longer then. :oops:
In the meantime, I'll definitely get Monhun X and Fates, that's a given. :rotfl:

So not much added content, just additional features and essentially what Overclocked brought to DeSu One?
Not really. DeSu Overclocked just added an extra day. Think of Record Breaker's second arc like an additional 5 days.

Not really. DeSu Overclocked just added an extra day. Think of Record Breaker's second arc like an additional 5 days.
That sounds a lot better then. :)
Oh well. If given the chance I'll pick it up in a while.

Hmm....I'm a really big fan of smt, but I could go either way with this game. It's pretty good, though.

Hmm....I'm a really big fan of smt, but I could go either way with this game. It's pretty good, though.
Same. I already know for a fact that it's good, but I was wondering if it was worth getting right now, considering that I've already played the original. :)

Just try it out couldn't hurt that much. Who knows, maybe you'll find it better

I'd say you should get it, voice acting, better graphics, extra demons and the extra storyline.

Plus DLC \o/

Breaking record has a lot more added on to is witch makes it more enjoyable. The voice acting really helps when you want to pay attention to the games art style and surrounding. The game looks wonderful , more demons are a plus and more story is good too. Plus the DLC although not needed is helpful and fun if you get it. I'd say go for it, it's worth the buy.

Back