Should I buy a Wii U or wait for the NX?

• Thread starter Mahi
  • Start date

Wii U or Wait For NX

• Buy the Wii U

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Wait for the NX

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mahi

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
I have been thinking about buying a Wii U for quite some time. There are lots of Wii U games that I would like to play. The one problem that I am facing is that it is almost the end of the Wii U's life. If I wait for the NX to come out, then I could play the new games for the NX. The NX will probably be backwards compatible, so I can play Wii U games on it.

wait for the NX

Having backwards-compatibility would be a bit too early for the NX and if it did have, then Wii U is officially dead as it'll get even less sales from the bad sales it's already doing on top of that. It would be good to get a Wii U since it has a good amount of great exclusives, unless the NX interests you more when games are announced for it.

I'm not a person to buy consoles on Launch day (or launch year for the fact) because given another 2 or 3 years and there's going to be a better version of it. Take the Wii U for example, on release it was a basic console with 8GB memory and a few launch titles that weren't so appealing. Now it has so many amazing games and comes in Deluxe edition with now up to 32 GB memory. So if I were you I'd buy a Wii U to enjoy all the great titles it has, and once NX starts establishing a name for itself, go buy it then!

I'd say get the Wii U. There's really no telling when the NX will come out, meaning you could be waiting, not being able to play the games you like, for possibly over a year if the NX gets delayed. Plus, the good thing about the Wii U nearing the end of it's life is that in some places it's cheaper. If you buy a Wii U you'll be able to buy and play plenty of games, and when the NX comes out, when you get it you won't have to waste a lot of money buying heaps of games all at once, as you'll already have a bit of a stockpile from the games you bought when you just had a Wii U. Also, a lot of games for the Wii U that depend on online multiplayer, such as Splatoon and Mario Maker, may have become much less popular and by the time the NX comes out they might even be dead games. I think you should enjoy the Wii U while it lasts, and feel no possible regret later on. Hope this was helpful!

I'd get the Wii U, the NX has very low information about it, any less a release date any time soon. The Wii U is also a pretty decent system, I don't see anything wrong with the games. The system is where it's considered bad, such as the Xbox one and PlayStation 4 having better graphics, processors etc.

Well it totally depends on you which of them you would like to buy still i will say go for nintedo wii u as their is still long time nintedon nx to be launch (it will lauch around late 2018 or 2019 ,i don't think you have that much pantience that you will wait that long for a gmaing console ) and thier is not much information you know about nintedo nx .

The NX will most likely not come out for a while, so you could have years of waiting to do!
I'm not sure how long the Wii U will last, but I think some people are excessively complaining about it and making it seem worse than it actually is.
If you decide to wait for the NX, it could take a very long time before any hints of it releasing come out.
If there are Wii U games you really would like to play, you should get them along with a Wii U!
If the games you want have online multiplayer, then I highly suggest getting a Wii U along with the games.
When the NX comes out, online multiplayer for those games may be shut down.
I suggest that if you really do want to play certain Wii U games, you should get a Wii U and play them while you still can!

Reactions: Mikaya
I say buy the Wii U especially if there are games that you are interested in. Think about it this way, when the NX eventually comes out there are not going to be that many games for it and you may not like them. The Wii U on the other hand has a extensive library of games especially if you consider the number of games available from the Wii Library (such as Xenoblade Chronicles). Also consider the number of games available on the eShop for the Wii U Virtual's Console.

Reactions: Mikaya
I don't have a Wii U, and I wanted one until I found out there was a new console. The Wii U has some great games, but Nintendo wants buisness and will probably soon stop making Wii U games and possibly shut down the WiFi for it like they did with DS lite. I say it's not worth getting it just for a few games that mostly are remakes.
But before you decide remember we dont know when the NX is coming out or what itll be like, although I'm still going to side with it unless it turns out to be really bad.

I'd get a Wii U. I don't think the NX is coming out soon. Nintendo be bluffing :p Idk, the Wii U is something I wouldn't be able to miss.

Also, one thing to note. Usually when a console launches, there aren't a lot of high-quality games on them. I remember when the Wii U first came out, the main choice for game was Zombie U... :hilarious: The better games come out later, like Mario Kart, Super Mario 3d world, etc. I bought my Wii U mid-year when all the cool games came out. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back