Should I buy a Wii U?

• Thread starter Sunny_Meows
  • Start date
Sunny_Meows

Sunny_Meows

I like to what I want to do
Towns Folk
I really wanna play Mario 3D World, and I saw it bundled with a Wii U earlier.

Not unless you plan on playing other free online games or get SNES Virtual console titles like Earthbound and Super Metroid. Just to play one game I say you're crazy for not having the console first and if you play with friends I say go for it but why get it bundled with a game I believe you said you had.

I bought a Wii U just to play Breath of the Wild. Then sold it. Almost got all my money back. So I guess you can do it that way.

Not unless you plan on playing other free online games or get SNES Virtual console titles like Earthbound and Super Metroid. Just to play one game I say you're crazy for not having the console first and if you play with friends I say go for it but why get it bundled with a game I believe you said you had.
You see, for me, I only buy a console when I would use it every day. Buying a game for my collection however, is different because I just like having a complete set rather than missing a few titles. And as for your other question, I can always resell my old copy, as buying the bundle is a lot cheaper than buying both separately. Basically, I like to think of it as owning amiibo without compatible games. It's purely just for show. Hope that cleared things up.

Last edited:
No. Don't buy a wii u. If you do, go for a used one. But it's best if your friends have a wii u cuz u can just borrow it. But in the end, it all come to what YOU want.

The exclusive titles on there either have been ported to other consoles or have better versions else where. You should only get one for whatever hasn't been ported, gotten sequels in newer cosoles, or want to play 4 Player New Super Mario Bros U with one of the players not being op and with different controllers. That's also inculding Virtual Console games.

The exclusive titles on there either have been ported to other consoles or have better versions else where. You should only get one for whatever hasn't been ported, gotten sequels in newer cosoles, or want to play 4 Player New Super Mario Bros U with one of the players not being op and with different controllers. That's also inculding Virtual Console games.
Ahh I see, but the 3DS already has most of the virtual console games on the wii u, right?

Ahh I see, but the 3DS already has most of the virtual console games on the wii u, right?
Yes, but there's some exclusive stuff on there that aren't on the Switch or 3ds.

Back