Should I buy Fire Emblem Fates and is it worth it?

• Thread starter IPOD
  • Start date
IPOD

IPOD

idk video games are cool i guess
Towns Folk
So I've never played a Fire Emblem game. I know that the new ones just released, but should I buy one of them? I know what Fire Emblem is, a strategic RPG, and I love those kinda games, but is the Fire Emblem series plot-heavy? Do you get attached to the characters? So to put it simple, what are the pros and cons of Fire Emblem? And if I decide to get a Fire Emblem game on 3ds should I get Awakening, Birthright, or Conquest? Lemme know your opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that Fates is worth getting. Assuming you enjoy strategy + RPG games, this one might be down your alley. Plus it's plot heavy too, considering that you have 3 different stories based on what path you take. I'll just list a few Pros and Cons here to give you a better idea of what the game is.

Pros
  • Challenge - This game involves strategy where you have to consider carefully your moves, because depending on your game mode, your fallen units may be unavailable throughout the rest of the game.
  • Replay Value - This game actually has a lot of replay value, with the different game modes and difficulty options, plus getting bonus DLC content is a must have for anyone playing this game.
  • Custom Castles - A new feature introduced in Fates where you get to create and customize your own Castle, which can be used for most multiplayer functions.
As far as Cons are concerned, it's basically nothing. The game is very friendly even to those who are new to the Fire Emblem series, allowing you to play in Casual or Phoenix mode where Perma-death is not a thing :p. In the end, I recommend you buy this game, it's loads of fun.

Thx!

Last year I bought myself a 2DS specifically to buy Awakening (and MH4, but I digress!), and it was entirely worth it. Put down the DS for college, picked it back up for reading week, and have played hours of it. A tip I could give you is to research character's pictures/spoiler-free bios that you want to know about; that's how I chose Awakening instead of the many other titles! The new castle system seems very cute/fun, but make sure the story is one you'd prefer to play through. :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the sense of humour in Awakening is just pure gold. When you check your roster, one of them is described as "The deftest potato peeler". I pretty much lost it at that, hah.

Fire emblem will really get you hooked. It will seem like cocaine. The characters have the best backstories and you will love some of their comments and remarks. They are funny and emotional. You will love it. It is so well thought out that it will shock you with the Setting an all games tie in together.
Get it now. You will love it. You shall not regret it.
Amazing cutscenes too by the way.

If you want to. If you want a newb friendly game, buy Birthright. If you want a game where your *** is turned to dust, buy Conquest. A little bit of both, but Resident Evil Revelations. Oops, wrong Revelations.

If you haven't picked it up yet then I would say it is worth getting because it really has so much going for it. It has fun game play , good characters , nice story , wonderful music and the art style is something you might love. I enjoyed the game and thought they did surprising well with how they did it.

Back