Persona Q Should I buy Persona Q?

• Thread starter mosbius10
  • Start date
mosbius10

mosbius10

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
I've never played a Persona game before and I was just wondering whether or not an extensive background and knowledge of the previous games is needed for me to enjoy this. I really like Etrian Odyssey and just started to get into the Shin Megami Tensei games. So I guess it's just a matter of knowing the characters and having an understanding of the story. What do you think?

What do you think?
You don't have to play the previous Persona games to understand Persona Q. If you enjoy the gameplay in Etrian Odyssey games, you're really going to enjoy Persona Q's gameplay. The story is not related to what occurs in Persona 3&4 so it's only a matter of knowing the characters which isn't necessary. Everyone already knows each other (from their respective game) and you'll understand their relationship with each other from the dialogue.

If it looks interesting to you then i'd say go for it. You don't have to play any of the persona games or the E.O games to enjoy persona q. The game is fun and very enjoyable. The game will cover the characters nicely but you don't need the knowledge of the games to play it. I say if it looks good and looks fun then it's a game worth looking into. Pretty much just go with your gut and about 99% of the time you get a good game from doing so. Their is that 1% that you get something you don't really like but I think we all have those moments lol.

Okay thanks for the great advice guys! I think I'm going to go for it after all. The only thing that is painful about this decision is the cost ;)

Lol that's always the painful part of a good hobby.

@mosbius10 Actually, I think there is a Sale on all games by Atlus, including Persona Q so if you want the game, now's the time to get it for less.

You should buy that game It's going to be worth every cent you spend on it. It's one heck of an amazing RPG that's worth your time.

It is an amazing game and I would highly suggest you try out the other games in the series, albeit they are on other systems though.

It is an amazing game and I would highly suggest you try out the other games in the series, albeit they are on other systems though.
They have allot of the game on the ps2 which is good since it'll be cheap to buy.

Reactions: Nathansdiary
They have allot of the game on the ps2 which is good since it'll be cheap to buy.
I have hot 1-4 on the PS Vita and also got 3 on the PS2/3 They are magnificent games and very rewarding. I have always listed Final Fantasy as my favourite franchise for as long as I can remember but over the last year my mind has been changed to Persona.

I have hot 1-4 on the PS Vita and also got 3 on the PS2/3 They are magnificent games and very rewarding. I have always listed Final Fantasy as my favourite franchise for as long as I can remember but over the last year my mind has been changed to Persona.
I know Persona has a feeling that I really like about it. It's cast of characters is really awesome and I just really like the series there is allot of great praise that this game deserves.

I would highly advise if you have the option open to you to play Persona 4 on the PS Vita as there is a version of it called the golden which was boosted up to more modern standards and the new widescreen graphics and extra character are well done, so far, Persona 4 Golden is my favourite of the franchise.

I would highly advise if you have the option open to you to play Persona 4 on the PS Vita as there is a version of it called the golden which was boosted up to more modern standards and the new widescreen graphics and extra character are well done, so far, Persona 4 Golden is my favourite of the franchise.
I agree 4 was the best, But Q is the best now.

I agree 4 was the best, But Q is the best now.
I'm only a few hours into Q but so far it is damn good and I am loving the Etrian style of gameplay. It was one of the main reasons I bought the 3DS

I'm only a few hours into Q but so far it is damn good and I am loving the Etrian style of gameplay. It was one of the main reasons I bought the 3DS
It gets even better later into the game.

I think I know what I am going to be doing for the rest of the night lmao!!! I want to play it twice though as I want to experience it from the P3 and the P4 perspective

Back