• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BlazingPhoenix

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
Well? Should I buy it?

In the end it's your call, but I can tell you a few things about it.
The game revolves around travelling to a planet and having the natural inhabitants, Pikmin, help guide you through your journey. Your main job is to try and keep as many pikmin alive as possible while trying to get through levels. Pikmin grow the longer they stay alive, so be sure to preserve them. And for boss fights, don't worry too much about how big or scary a boss looks, but don't hopelessly throw all your pikmin at bosses, just make a battle plan and go with it. I think it's a fun game, and it really appeals if you have played Pikmin or Pikmin 2, but even if you haven't it's still really fun.

Lad,you made a great decision to consider one of the more underrated titles for the Wii U.Pikmin 3 is fantastic,and that comes from someone who hasn't played the previous Pikmin games! :p
If you like to explore your surroundings,use your brain in order to further progress through puzzles and bosses and not lose your Pikmin,and like an overall beautifuly calm,yet at the same time nerve-wreckringly tense experience,you'll be having an amazing game in your hands.And yet,I'm to thank Mario Kart 8 for that as I got it from the Club Nintendo promotion from 2014. :)
It most certainly it's worth a purchase. :thumbsup:

Reactions: BlazingPhoenix
Well, I view myself as a GameCube game collector, and I plan on picking up the first 2 games (pikmin 2 is going to be a real pain in the neck due to its price however) for my GameCube, cause nice try Wii your new controls aren't getting no fans, so I was thinking that more people would play 3 instead of 1&2, because you know age and all, and I wanted to get pikmin 3 in physical because I realised the game didn't sell much, meaning it will become a collectors games, so I should get it now.

I think you should get Pikmin 3, it's quite good. However I suggest you play them in chronological order.. The second pikmin game is the best of the series imo (especially if you play pikmin 1 first; I played pikmin 1 after pikmin 2 and found that the greatness of pikmin 2 ruined the 1st one for me). But yeah Pikmin 3 is really good; a bit on the short side.. but very fun and beautiful. I'm looking forward to Pikmin 4 :p You should get that too after you've played the first 3, when it comes out. I think Pikmin 3 is pretty hard to find now but hopefully there might be an Eshop sale soon to get it at a reduced price. It's well worth it! Although I got mine for free to I can't really say :p

Reactions: BlazingPhoenix
Pikmin 3 is pretty great! I got it for free with Mario Kart 8. :) It was a toss up between Pikmin and Game & Wario for me, and I feel like I made the right choice. Totally worth it!
But yeah, as others have said, the other Pikmin games might be worth getting too.

Pikmin 3 is pretty great! I got it for free with Mario Kart 8. :) It was a toss up between Pikmin and Game & Wario for me, and I feel like I made the right choice. Totally worth it!
But yeah, as others have said, the other Pikmin games might be worth getting too.
I got Pikmin 3 with Mario Kart 8 too! It was a standout for me amongst the other options. I didn't even consider Game&Wario tbh. I love the other WarioWare games but I heard Game&Wario really sucks.. Hopefully they make a better one soon.

I suggest you get the first two pikmin hahaha they're amazing. If you liked 3, you will be in love with 2.

Reactions: Klobb
I highly recommend getting a hold of this one if you're a fan of Pikmin. Everything about it is just shiny and new; the mission-oriented collect fruit goal, the bizarre yet lovable sfx, the "set-path" feature to spread out your work, the beautiful graphics and effects... I could just go on.

Well, I view myself as a GameCube game collector, and I plan on picking up the first 2 games (pikmin 2 is going to be a real pain in the neck due to its price however) for my GameCube, cause nice try Wii your new controls aren't getting no fans...
Uhh... I'm a fan of the Wii remake of Pikmin 1.

I highly recommend getting a hold of this one if you're a fan of Pikmin. Everything about it is just shiny and new; the mission-oriented collect fruit goal, the bizarre yet lovable sfx, the "set-path" feature to spread out your work, the beautiful graphics and effects... I could just go on.

Uhh... I'm a fan of the Wii remake of Pikmin 1.
Haha, sorry, but i just prefer the old games due to collectable reasons, rather than controllers, whoops!

Haha, sorry, but i just prefer the old games due to collectable reasons, rather than controllers, whoops!
I get it. I myself own a bulk of the original Nintendo games out there. (Pikmin 1 & 2 for GC, among other names.) I'm just sayin, I quite enjoyed that one too.
:cat:

Update: I bought the original pikmin for my GameCube! I think it is really fun, as I have been playing it for an hour or two and it seems like it is going to be a great experience. If I enjoy it to the very end, I will buy pikmin 2 and shortly afterwards, pikmin 3. My complaint with the series is the price, and while I must admit I lucked out on the first game, pikmin 2 and 3 look a heck of a lot more expensive then, well, pie I guess. I cannot wait to try out the whole series and I would like to thank you guys for the advice.

Reactions: MindzEye
Update: I bought the original pikmin for my GameCube! I think it is really fun, as I have been playing it for an hour or two and it seems like it is going to be a great experience. If I enjoy it to the very end, I will buy pikmin 2 and shortly afterwards, pikmin 3. My complaint with the series is the price, and while I must admit I lucked out on the first game, pikmin 2 and 3 look a heck of a lot more expensive then, well, pie I guess. I cannot wait to try out the whole series and I would like to thank you guys for the advice.
It was really smart getting them in chronological order. It wouldn't really impact the story of any of the games if you got them out of order but imo the first is the worst, so playing the other 2 first would have really negatively impacted your playthrough of the original pikmin as it did with mine. Now you'll be in for a treat for the next two games :D

It was really smart getting them in chronological order. It wouldn't really impact the story of any of the games if you got them out of order but imo the first is the worst, so playing the other 2 first would have really negatively impacted your playthrough of the original pikmin as it did with mine. Now you'll be in for a treat for the next two games :D
:rotfl:

Double Update: Been playing for like a day now and my only complaints about the game is that A) the game appears to be very short, as only 30 in game days baffles me, and a mere 17 minutes per day gives the game not even 9 hours of gameplay, which saddens me, and I hope pikmin 2 does not have this problem. Not to mention I messed up one day so I highly doubt I will be able to get all 30 pieces, so I am very nervous. My other complaint is how hard it is to alternate between throwing different types of pikmin. Aside from that the game looks great.

Reactions: T-Player Guy and MindzEye
Pikmin 3 is a master piece! Master piece!!! I played the demo, and was thoroughly amazed, gameplay and evreything. I will buy it once it becomes a nintendo selects game soon. I know it will be worth it. I love the use of the gamepad and the colorful gameplay. Buy it!

Double Update: Been playing for like a day now and my only complaints about the game is that A) the game appears to be very short, as only 30 in game days baffles me, and a mere 17 minutes per day gives the game not even 9 hours of gameplay, which saddens me, and I hope pikmin 2 does not have this problem. Not to mention I messed up one day so I highly doubt I will be able to get all 30 pieces, so I am very nervous. My other complaint is how hard it is to alternate between throwing different types of pikmin. Aside from that the game looks great.
Don't worry. Once you get to 2, there won't be a deadline, you'll have plenty of tries to get the important stuff, and varied Pikmin throwing will get a bit better.

What can I say? The game is simply stunning and a great addition to the collection if you have played the other 2. My brother loves this game by the way and I bet that he would be advising too! ;)

Its up to you but I think you should!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back