Should I buy this game?

• Thread starter WarioTails358
  • Start date
WarioTails358

WarioTails358

Dedede that's the name you should know!
Towns Folk
Hello! So I played the demo for Fire Emblem Awakening and it plays and feels similar to project x zone, a game I played. The various attacks to choose from and similarities to other games is cool.
But I heard of this series when Reggie announced this game would be coming to North America. It did and now I'm interested in playing the series.
Should I buy it? Would you recommend it?

I would recommend it for sure!
-story: if you have played some other Fire Emblem game, the story is kinda similar, but in a good way.
-music: the music fits the mood perfectly, my personal favourites are Tiki's theme and 'You may call me Marth'.
-characters: they're all unique in their own ways, and it's really fun to see them talk to each other in the Support, which is definately one of my favourite aspects from the game, the whole marriage system is brilliant!
-gameplay: I can't say more than: perfection. I loved that you can finally use two characters in combat :D
-difficulty: you can choose between Classic and Newcomer, I recommend selecting Classic, even if you're new, since permanent death is really one of the characteristics of Fire Emblem, and you'll get more attached to the characters and it becomes a lot more 'intense' since if someone dies, he'll be gone foreveeeer! You can also choose between normal/hard/lunatic. I recommend beginning with Classic and Normal.
-graphics: I really, really like the graphics, especially compared to the DS version of Shadow Dragon, the character art, the map and of course the cutscene are all beautiful. They should make a Fire Emblem anime!
-replay value: this game has a great replay value, because of the whole marriage system and permanent death. It also has a lot of extra content, a part of it is free and downloadable through SpotPass.

Overal, this is in my opinion one of the best 3DS games out there. It's also a pretty long game, so it will keep you busy for quite some time :)

Reactions: Marc
I think I will probably get Fire Emblem as my next 3DS game too. I've been thinking of a few other choices, namely Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Bravely Default, and A Link Between Worlds but I think FE:A is right for me. I'm mainly looking for some strong, action-packed gameplay and lots of content/replayability. It will pretty much be a 2- month buffer for me until I get my hands on Smash Bros and I hope it lasts.

Reactions: Moon Rain
Fire Emblem: Awakening is easily my favourite RPG (and overall 3DS game) on the 3DS, possibly that I've ever played (and that's out of at least 40 other RPGs).

The soundtrack is amazing, the characterization is superb, the story is excellent, the difficulty is what you want it to be, the gameplay is the best in any Fire Emblem game, and it can be amusing, heartbreaking or just downright intense at points throughout your time on the game. And I've put over 300 hours into it and I'm still going back to it for more because its replay value is powerful.

Reactions: Marc and Moon Rain
Yes definitely, it's my most played 3DS game with a whopping 150 hours and if you're a fan of RPGs you gotta be crazy to pass this one up. :p

A thousand times yes! :) From not only a graphical and Auditory standpoint, but also from a gameplay standpoint as well, I would dare to say it's nearly perfect. :)

Back