• Thread starter CJ
  • Start date

Should I ?

• Total voters
CJ

CJ

You not gon' ge me!
Towns Folk
I was wondering if I should start collecting amiibos. The thing is, the price of amiibos in NA regions is $10 but in my country it's $20 per amiibo. That's pretty pricey. On the other hand, it's fun.

What do you think? Should I collect them? I only have the normal 3ds xl so I would need that device to read amiibos. I don'the have a wii u. Thanks!

Well, are you interested in Amiibos? Is there any game using amiibos you are interested in?

20 dollars is a tad on the expensive side. If you have some cash to splurge, you should collect them, as they are very detailed and can add cool perks to games. However, there is more Amiibo functionality on the Wii U than the 3DS family at the moment, so it might be best to wait until the portal is released. Hopefully by then, all Amiibo will not be scarce. xD

Well, are you interested in Amiibos? Is there any game using amiibos you are interested in?
Well... There is Sup er Smash Bros. Which uses amiibos. When I get more games, then maybe I can use it in them... Plus they are bringing amiibo functionality in many of the 3ds games, right? Soon amiibos will be all the rage.

It depends whether you're interested in having detailed figurines resembling Nintendo characters,and/or their functionality in-game with software who are compatible with them.Personally,I'd say for you to get one,and see if you're interested in getting more of them or not.It's a bit pricey sure(I actually pay R$80,00 for one single amiibo on my country,yet again,new full games are R$200,00 here),but it will be worth for the quality of the amiibo,and maybe even their functionality in that matter,so go ahead if you want. :thumbsup:

Well many people are buying amiibos and don't even take it out of the box. They usually place it on a shelf or bookcase for decoration. Some actually do use the amiibos in games like Smash Bros. If you really want start a personal collection of many Nintendo IPs from great franchises, I'd say go for it.

I think that you should consider to collect amiibos , they do add nice features to certain games and it is fun to collect some now and then of your favorite characters . Plus newer games might support the functionality so getting these amiibos would be great right now :D

It would be cool to collect amiibos of you choice and train them. Its like having a baby and you make it higher and higher which is really. Really fun! I would recommend it I only have 5 amiibos xD

Unless you are full of money and you plan on getting plenty of games or you already have games that make use of the feature (besides the free Wii U game where you can play classic Nintendo games in short bursts) like Wooly World, MK8, and Smash. Also the Amiibo stores information but only for one certain game so if there are future games that requires you to overwrite data from another game you should get at least 2. But considering you're getting it for a 3DS you shouldn't.

Are you:
A.) Simply interested in collecting them?
B.) Going to use them in certain games?

Bonus question:
Can you afford collecting them?

If you said yes to any of these questions, then I suppose you should collect them. ;)

I'd say go for it. Even if you don't use them for the games they are nice to have as part of a collection. I know I have a few amiibos despite not owning a system I can use them on, I just like the idea of owning them.

And hey, you'll never know when you may end with a Wii U or newer 3DS.

Since Amiibos in your country cost about double than US Amiibos, I think that you should buy maybe one or two Amiibos but not necessairly collect them. Amiibos are really fun to train and use, but I think you should wait for when you get a newer 3DS or a Wii U :p

If you are really going into Amiibos and games that have them, then I recommend buying it!

Considering I have to pay already obscene prices to get the ones that I actually want, I'd definitely recommend collecting all the Amiibos that you can. It might be worth it to pay regular price vs. paying $50+. That's what I did to get my Toon Link Amiibo from PlayAsia.

Well if you want to collect AMIIBOS, know that it's extremely expensive for any of the ones that aren't common characters like mario. If you like a character from a franchise that never gets any merchandise, like Ness, you can forget paying for anything less then 30 bucks, and that's if you're lucky. Their prices are what turn off many people from collecting them, so beware the massive money pit you could get sucked into by getting them

I think that you should collect amiibos. It is fun to collect them. You can use them for certain games. I like to use the smash bros amiibos for smash bros. I like to level the smash amiibos up too. But you could also be spending a lot of money trying to get them. They are very expensive. I saw one for twelve dollars.

Nah, not really the greatest investment in this modern, digitalised age. They barely have any functionality anymore outside of Smash. At this point, you'd be paying for little more than overpriced plastic.

Toys-to-life was never a good investment idea. It was like every other fad, doomed to fade a year or two after release if not sooner. Unlike those fads, however, TTL was vastly overpriced for something so gimmicky. It's quite surprising Skylanders actually managed to last half a decade.

Arguably, with amiibo still being produced, you could say they lasted longer than Skylanders. Can it still be considered successful? Not really. If you're going in terms of relevancy, they stopped getting any notable support years ago, now they're restricted to simple rewards in games here and there rather than a focus like they were years ago.

Maybe they'll make a comeback, but I doubt it. The age of toys is over. The time of the orc has come. It was a fad that came and went, then they focused on cardboard, who knows what'll come next?

If you want official stuff maybe to sit on a shelf forever.

If you want functionality get a way to program tags via a smartphone or PC. That way they can save your data and you can change it to any other need that may arise.

Back