Should I get 4U or Generations?

• Thread starter Doctor Strange
  • Start date
Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange

Master of the Mystic Arts
Towns Folk
I currently have downloaded both demos for 4 Ultimate and Generations and have finally understood the appeal of Monster Hunter. I definitely want a game in the series now, but I don't know which one to buy. Both of them are fun and I can't choose one. They're equally fun and rewarding. So which one should I get?

it kinda depends on what ur looking for in the game. if u wanna play something similar to the original games, them 4U is the best for that. if u wanna play a flashier version but don't mind how different it is from the originals, then Generations is better.

(wut? You actually found your interest for MH in demos? I hated demos :p)

You probably also have to take into account the state of online halls. It's been a while since I last played any of the two but I'd still bet that a lot more people play Gen than 4U.

If you want a version with completely new monsters, go for gen. I played the demo and I didn't find any monsters from 4U.
If you want to stick to the classics, go for 4U.
By the way, when I played the demo, I noticed that the graphics are inferior to the ones from 4U.
And 4U is still full of players.

Well, $u is probably gonna die out like most games so I recommend that you buy generations for the fact of staying in contact with people and not buying a dead game. But 4u is much more graphically better and it's still full of players and you still have some familiar monsters if you seen any monster hunter game. But I recommend generations because your new and new players need a new start

You probably also have to take into account the state of online halls. It's been a while since I last played any of the two but I'd still bet that a lot more people play Gen than 4U.

Well, $u is probably gonna die out like most games so I recommend that you buy generations for the fact of staying in contact with people and not buying a dead game.

I'm not so sure about that. I've always had way better luck finding good halls for the monster I'm hunting in 4U than Generations. Maybe I just haven't played in a while, though.

Depends on what you want in the game. Generations has much more customization and versatility. It's also a bit easier. It has more monsters and some very unique ones not in 4U. It does lack G-Rank monsters, and monster variants which were some of my favorite fights in 4U. Some of the monsters though are kinda jokes that were way too easy and then you never saw them ever again. It also takes a lot longer to get going in the 4U.

4U is much more challenging, and I personally really liked that. While it has less monsters, it has more monster variants and G-Rank monster which are the biggest most epic fights ever. It lacks some of the customization that Generations has, however. I've personally enjoyed 4U more than generations, but both are very good games, and I don't think you will be disappointed either way.

I'm not so sure about that. I've always had way better luck finding good halls for the monster I'm hunting in 4U than Generations. Maybe I just haven't played in a while, though.
Indeed, two years ago I even used to manage to find halls for HR Ruby Basarios. But last time I played MH4U (two or three months ago or something), I didn't even find one hall fighting for Gogmazios (which was the one I wanted to fight). I was convinced there would be halls for that one at least, a lot of people used to get stuck here. But seems like not enough people play it anymore to get stuck here, or even to get here...

I liked 4U better than Gen too. It seems more like a "here's the quest, choose your weapon, do it" while Gen felt like "here's the quest, choose your weapon, if you don't like it, change the moveset, then choose your special ability, then do it". Sound stupid to say that, but it has too much customization, it doesn't feel as much challenging to be able to change everything, even if it may be (didn't play it enough to judge). Sounds more like "find the right combination of equipment to fight the monster" rather than "find the skill and tactics to do it".

Nonononononon get 4u.
It has way more monsters and better visuals.
Even today, you will have no trouble finding people.
It has G-Rank, aka more content.
It has a much better story.

Back