Should I get another New 3DS XL?

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
So, recently, my Nintendo 3DS has started having some problems, like randomly turning off when I close the lid, or deleting games from my device for no reason. I honestly don’t play it much anymore, but then I was thinking “Hold up. If I let this 3DS die, I’ll lose every downloadable game I’ve bought.” Quick side note, I have over $500 in downloads on this 3DS. I have games from back when the very first 3DS model came out, and I’ve been transferring them all from device to device. So, if this does die (which I think will happen soon), Om gonna need to get a new model I order to preserve those precious games. So, what do you guys think. Should I drop $200 on another New 3DS XL?

Reactions: CloudyBlackOtaku and Kitsune_Sakura64
Get a 2ds. Its cheaper.

Reactions: AricAttack
Get a 2ds. Its cheaper.
Good idea. Although, I’d have to pick up a New 2DS XL, because I own a black New 3DS XL currently, and you can’t transfer data from a new model to an old one. That is a good idea,though, I’ll research some 2DS XL designs and see what I can find.

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64 and AricAttack
Good idea. Although, I’d have to pick up a New 2DS XL, because I own a black New 3DS XL currently, and you can’t transfer data from a new model to an old one. That is a good idea,though, I’ll research some 2DS XL designs and see what I can find.
I find it hard to believe that you wouldn’t be able to transfer to a older model. That would be dumb.

I find it hard to believe that you wouldn’t be able to transfer to a older model. That would be dumb.
It’s true. Believe me, I’ve tried, but apparently, the New 3DS XL model uses a Micro SD card, and the regular 3DS and 2DS do not. So, believe me, it’s impossible.

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
It’s true. Believe me, I’ve tried, but apparently, the New 3DS XL model uses a Micro SD card, and the regular 3DS and 2DS do not. So, believe me, it’s impossible.
Im sure there is a way, you just have to use a computer to transfer to a normal microsd card. There is also a micro sd adapter that lets you put microsd into sd card slots.

Getting a New 3DS XL would just be a waste of money. Getting a 2DS XL is better in every single way.

I dunno if you got one yet or not, but 2ds just went down to $50 :eek:

You should strike now while you can before people get the nostalgia rush, lol

If you're gonna miss the 3D function then yes, go for it. Otherwise go for the New Nintendo 2DS version. I think that one you can actually close and would be less awkward to put in your pocket. Of course, if you're planning on buying a new console anyway, you could also go for a Switch. You won't be able to play your 3DS games though.

If you want the new 2ds xl the only thing you'll lose is the 3ds affect, but if you really want the 3d I'd say go for it. It really depends on you. If you are willing to pay a couple more dollars for the 3d affect that's fine but the new 2ds xl is a cost affective way to play your ds and 3ds games with your downloads being in a new console.

Back