Should I get FE: Awakening?

• Thread starter Llamanama
  • Start date
Llamanama

Llamanama

2015 Llama of the Year
Towns Folk
So I have this craving to play Awakening for a while now but I have been conflicted as to whether or not I should get it. My main problem is that I see a game that is interesting, I get it, and I play it for hours each day then I get burnt out on it or I beat it. Now I have played some Fire Emblem games before (namely the GBA ones) but I didn't get very far because either- A) I felt I had little control over what was actually happening in the story (you know, besides winning battles), or- B) A character died and I felt bad and started the mission over again to try and keep everyone alive (which can get annoying and dull).

Basically, I want to know if I have any control over the story;
how long will it last me;
and if I beat the game, will I want to go through it again?
Also I want to know where it would be the cheapest to get this because the cheaper it is, the better!:greedy:
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Well, in Awakening, there is a Casual mode where even if a character dies, they'll come back after the battle. You don't really have much control over the story, but you can pair people up. As far as beating the game. Yeah, I think you will, there's a lot of content and you'd probably wanna try out Classic Mode.

Alright thanks! You have any ideas for where to get it cheaper though? GameStop isn't exactly the best as used games for 3DS are only like $2-3 cheaper than new...:cry:

Try a local game store that isn't GameStop, I guess. Or maybe try and see if there is a sale on the eShop.

Okay, thanks for your help!

Buying from ebay is also a good option (if you trust the seller). I got my Harvest Moon A New Beginning for as low as $21 that way.
Also, Play-asia now have a sale for Fire Emblem at $37.99 and I think they offer free shipping (don't know if it is cheaper than your local stores).

And yes, Fire Emblem is really great! Just love the quality of the game!

I highly recommend FE: Awakening as its one of the best games on the 3DS, but I can't recommend someone playing it on Casual mode, I believe that it takes away what makes Fire Emblem so different from every other strategy series, the fact that when a character dies, they're gone forever and if it happens to be a character that you've grown to love...there's some weight to it. If you do end up buying FE: Awakening, please give Classic mode a chance as it will most likely end up a more memorable and satisfying experience and as for replay value, you can always play the game at a higher difficulty once you've beat the game.

To Fire Emblem : Awakening was one of the best games that you can get for the 3ds and it is a really fun one too . It is not the average strategy game that you would normally see . It is a very unique game with a unique gamestyle that everybody will love and I tried the game and I was really satisfied with the content and everything about it . There are people who sell on eBay which you may find cheap

Thank you all for your help with this! Now my main problem is deciding which to get first: This or Dragonball Xenoverse which, in my opinion, looks amazing and has a very interesting story, and looks well thought out (they even added in some animated cutscenes). Plus I can make my own character.:D
I highly recommend FE: Awakening as its one of the best games on the 3DS, but I can't recommend someone playing it on Casual mode, I believe that it takes away what makes Fire Emblem so different from every other strategy series, the fact that when a character dies, they're gone forever and if it happens to be a character that you've grown to love...there's some weight to it. If you do end up buying FE: Awakening, please give Classic mode a chance as it will most likely end up a more memorable and satisfying experience and as for replay value, you can always play the game at a higher difficulty once you've beat the game.
Whent the game I would definitely play Classic mode, but probably on a second playthrough because I know that I would eventually get into a battle where some character always dies on me and I can't bring myself to continue if someone died that didn't have to...

Last edited:
You can control side stuff, like marriages and something else :sneaky: But no main story things.

You probably won't find it under $15 anywhere.... But you can search.

As it's been said perma-death is optional :3

Cool! Thanks, I think I'm gonna get this, and I'm gonna try to get it soon as it sounds like an amazing game!

In FEA there is a casual mode which basically means that even if a Unit dies in batttle they wont be permanetly dead which makes keeping everyone ealive a lot easier than in the original games (I tried that too and gave up>.<) also it has a great story allowing you to et married and it is a fun game to play more than once.

You should definitely get awakening. First of all there are 2 modes one that is like the other games (Classic) and one that is different(casual). Also since your character that you create isnt the main character everything changes. Like the ability to change sides between the 2 groups. It is awesome!!!!!!!!

Back