Hyrule Warriors Should I get Hyrule Warriors?

• Thread starter Catstew
  • Start date
Catstew

Catstew

Pedia Mastermind
Towns Folk
I've never played Dyansty Warriors, nor many console Zelda games, so should I get the game so I get into both series?

It seems like it would be a great game! It not being out yet the closest thing to it is the dynasty warriors, I've never played dynasty warriors before either. But any Zelda game is usually amazing!!

I've never played Dyansty Warriors, nor many console Zelda games, so should I get the game so I get into both series?
I recommend checking out some of its gameplay to see if it's your thing. I did and realized it isn't, :panda:

See, it's mostly you just choosing one of the many playable characters available in the game to fight hordes and hordes of enemies and probably some bosses every now and again.

From the Direct, I know that the game will have a Smith shop (or something) where you can make weapons more powerful. There will also be co-op and the game will sell for the full retail price, $60 US.

The game sold only 57% from its first shipment in Japan, though .__. Hopefully it could get better soon...

If you played Skyward Sword, on the Wii, I'm sure you enjoyed the horde "boss" (I have no idea why the game calls it a boss, it really isn't). Well think of that on a much larger scale! The is basically what Hyrule Warriors is. So if you enjoyed that battle (If you played SS) then get it. If you didn't enjoy the horde then I would not recommend Hyrule Warriors. Or if you didn't play SS I would recommend you buy Hyrule Warriors as it looks cool. But it's up to you.

Also I too have never played a Dynasty Warriors game but i might look into purchasing some of the series if I enjoy Hyrule Warriors

I've played Dynasty Warriors, and I have to say that it's a pretty fun game. I recommend that you try it out. But for Hyrule Warriors, then yeah. It looks like a really fun game And given the direction they took, it looks like a fun action packed game. Wish I could get it, but I have no Wii U. Damn.

Alright I'm gonna tell you what's featured in the game, and you tell ME if you like it.Btw this Is about Hyrule Warriors.
1 you don't just pick a character to fight the hordes of enemies, You also pick a weapon. Every weapon has a different play style and moves. There is also multiple of every weapon with different stats, upgrades, and elements.
2.Each character has a "main element" depending on their starting weapon. This element is similar to the pokemon "STAB" bonus as in, using the same element weapon, strengthens you. Here's what every element does:
Light: Deals more damage to a bigger range.Dark: Deals more damage if attacking one enemy. Water:Deals continues damage after attack is used. Fire: Causes enemy to explode upon death hurting other enemies. Lightning:hurts enemies while they are electrified, and in the air.
3. You unlock characters through Legend mode which is the story mode of this game that is based mainly on story not gameplay. This mode is also 2P along with all the other modes. But in this one, you can start 2P once you unlock the first character other than Link (Impa). You can also get various characters and weapons from adventure mode, which is an 8-bit zelda map with challenges in it you do in Hyrule Warriors fashion to get heart containers And such.
4.there is also a bazaar where you can Upgrade your characters with badges, give them new combos, Level them up to the highest level character you currently have,Make potions for various things, And fuse weapons to make a stronger one with both weapons features.
Here's my Essay on Hyrule Warriors, and if you don't enjoy the RPG aspect that is half the game, it's recommended to get smash bros.

Hyrule Warriors is a game worth getting. It has great graphics, a great selection of characters, and probably contains hours of content. I myself don't have the game, but from the footage I have seen, I looks awesome! So if I ever get a Wii U, I would definitely buy. So should you!

Well it's definitely different from any other Zelda game out there. There's not really much adventure or exploration to it like in the main Zelda games, it's more of just a hack and slash through giant hordes of enemies and it gets harder as you go. I did watch a play through of it on Youtube and the story looks wonderful, and being a Zelda fan for many years I would like to try out the game. :)

I beat story mode and what I think of Hyrule Warriors is that it is fun but a bit too easy.

I might be wrong as I don't have the game yet, despite what my misleading avatar may suggest.

I would not recommend you to get Hyrule Warriors to get into a Zelda game, as it is a different mechanic. Hyrule warriors is a Dynasty Warrior game with a Zelda related characters and storyline.

I understand from your post this wouldn't be the first Zelda you'd play, and it is just that you haven't play much Zelda in itself. I think depending how much you have enjoyed those games HW may or not be something you'd appreciate the Zelda elements in. If you don't care much for the different characters and cameos from the Zelda universe then really the strong point of Hyrule Warriors is its Dinasty warrior Mechanics.

So I would really recommend to you not to get it thinking it will be something in between. It can be very likely you don't enjoy HW as much as other Zelda games or by the contrary HW you find it better than a traditional Zelda game. Other than that, I agree it is a nice opportunity to try something new without being entirely foreign.

In the end, I think I agree with Marc's suggestion. Find different gameplay videos and gauge your own reactions to it. For me it is a game I can enjoy. Just like you I haven't played a DW ever, but from what I can see and what other people have told me, Hyrule Warriors is a solid game that deserves a try.

if you still feel unsure even after watching videos I recommend you to try to get the cheapest one you can or borrow it from another person before spending your money on it.

you should it looks like a great game

Its all up to what you prefer. I enjoyed it, but I got tired of it a little bit early, and the adventure mode map can be boring. However, the story is fantastic and Nintendo really put thought into the different movesets. but as I said, its all up to you.

Personally, I find Hyrule Warriors to be pretty fun. (Even though I don't own a Wii U yet >_>)
This is a hack N slash style game, where you are matched against hordes and hordes of enemies, and then a big boss near the end. Even though this game is non-canon and doesn't fit into the official timeline, it is still a very enjoyable spin-off. The co-op mode is also a really good addition, and can help a lot in future battles.
I find it really satifying to kill every single enemy in front of you, lol :p

Its amazing. Many characters, upcoming dlc, weapons, its just crazy fun. I reccomend picking it up

I am not fond of the Dynasty warriors series, but I am keen on the Zelda one. I think if you like the zelda universe, no matter how much influence hyrule warriors may have from other games, it makes it a worth game. Besides the graphics are terrific and the scenarios and characters are even better! The only think I haven't heard about is the online features, I think this game would be greater if I counted with online battle mode.

Back