Should I get the NX, Or The Wii U?

• Thread starter King Of 3D
  • Start date
King Of 3D

King Of 3D

Pedia Mastermind
Towns Folk
Ok, so first of all I need to explain I am Jewish so I celebrate a holidy in December called Hanukkah (Hanukkah is like the Jewish version of Christmas and you get gifts just like Christmas and). My birthday is on February, so that is two times where I can get gifts from people I know. I could ask the people I know for a NX, or a Wii U, and I would get a probably get a NX but a need to know more details like how it will function and if it is backwards compatibly with Wii U games and stuff like that. So if you guys could tell me about if I should get the NX and if I should, then tell me what I need to keep in mind if I do get it. Thanks, and have a great day ;)

Well, the NX won't be in time for your birthday nor Hanukkah, but the Wii U isn't a bad option either. They are several games that can be get for cheap (both Selects, eShop and physical titles from Amazon).

It is hard to recommend the NX at this point, since we literally know nothing about the game. I guess you can try, as an alternative, ask money to save so once the NX is out you can chose either the Wii U or the NX

Now that the NX/Switch is revealed, this question can be answered.

The NX does not have backward compatibility with the Wii U or the 3ds, so watch out for that. However, as we saw from the first trailer, there will be a new MArio KArt and Splatoon, as well as a bunch ofother gmes. The NX also can have 2 people playing with what you can use as one controller, so the NX should be your choice if you play multiplayer.

The NX can also be used as a handheld with an HD screen (as far as I can tell). If you like handhelds, or want to "Switch" between TV and Handheld, go for it.

It does not come out on the date you tell. I recommend the NX if you have the money and the patience (I know many people don't), take it. Otherwise the Wii U is not a bad option as well.

If I were you I would save up and wait for the NX. Despite the NX having no backwards compatibility I think Nintendo will make remastered Wii U games for the NX the same way Nintendo did for gamecube games when they were brought to wii and Wii U.
Good things come to those who wait. ;)

Pretty much agree with everything @Eric Cartman said, save for Switch's launch and a few games. We already know that there's a Splatoon game, an enchanced port of Mario Kart 8 and Breath of the Wild coming to the Switch. And I'd be VERY surprised if Mario Maker and Smash don't get ported over in some fashion.

Buying a Wii U at this point doesn't really make sense unless they get a massive price drop but I don't see that happening. Maybe some retailers will mark it really low on Black Friday though?

Back