Should I get the Switch or finish out my 3ds Library?

• Thread starter TribstyAnn
  • Start date

Should I get the switch.

• YES! Switch it up a bit.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No. Finish out you 3ds library first.

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
TribstyAnn

TribstyAnn

Me.
Towns Folk
Should I get the switch or finish out my 3ds Library. I really want a switch. It looks super fun, and has some really great looking games coming out for it. My answer used to be definitely yes, until they announced that online multiplayer was a paid service. I feel like if I'm going to sink in $300 for a new system, plus even more for games that I should get online multiplayer free with all of that. Especially if I buy a multiplayer focused game like splatoon 2. (They really should have called it Splatwo) Maybe multiplayer focused games, like Splatoon 2, will come with free online multiplayer access for a limited time or something, but that extra fee is really throwing me off.

I really love my 3ds, and I play it a lot, so maybe I should just get some of the games I really want for it. With the money I would spend on a switch, I could get quite a few games that would last me a long time. Plus if I get the switch it would cost a lot more money and I would have to get all new games for it.

http://forum.3dspedia.com/threads/list-of-confirmed-nintendo-switch-games-release-dates.34092/
^ Do any games from the list interest you?

You don't have to get the console on launch. Depending on the games that interest you, you can take advantage of the first 6 months of free online play. From the list, you might only get a lot of days worth of it from Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Otherwise you can wait and put some dollars aside while buying your 3DS games as usual, and when the time comes and you've saved up enough money for the Switch, you could bite at the offer (hey, maybe they might lower the price or you could find a better deal from someone selling the console on a site like eBay or Amazon).

That's pretty much what I've decided to do. There are actually a few games I would really want. Consoles often drop in price a little while after they release. And I can always buy 3ds games later, best to wait and save instead of having to get something right now. Patience is a virtue. (one i often have trouble with :))

I'm sticking with my 3Ds for the moment, since I have enough games for a year. I'd also like to be sure the Switch doesn't come with huge bugs or something like that. On the other hand, the 3DS and the Switch will coexist, so why not both? :D

Why not both? Well I'm definitely not getting rid of my 3ds anytime soon. But really the biggest reason is money. I don't have the funds to buy a whole new system, plus games for my new and old systems. I'm going to wait and see, for more switch games, a cut in price, and review of the games and system itself. Plus the Launch line-up isn't the best, so I'll have nothing to lose by waiting, except possibly 6 months free online service.

Reactions: PersonSP
Makes sense to finish out your library of 3ds games and let the Switch be out for awhile. It'll bring prices down and help you decide the best games, especially if (God forbid) some games end up being duds. The 3DS library is prolific enough that it should keep you more than occupied

Depends; Are you giving away your 3DS or putting it down forever? It sounds like you're never going to use your 3DS once you get a Switch. I still play old PSP and PC games even though there's a ton of awesome stuff coming out recently.

As for me, nope I'm not getting a Switch yet, because I didn't find any games that I like so far. I'm going to wait for a few months until they release more. I really hate purchasing something only to use for a few times, or when I purchase something and then a new model comes out a few months after. XD

depends on the game you have most interest and some other factors

like for example, the price of online play (not announced)

in my case , i am no getting a Switch yet because in Christmass i got a pc, and there arent money for all thing we want

It's a tough desicion but if you dont have any Home consles like PS4 or XB1 (Or money isn't an object), the Switch is the better choice. Otherwise, 3ds Library since that is HUGE and VIBRANT library to begin with.

I don´t know what exactly you mean by finishing your 3ds library, if it includes all 3ds games, well you sure need a lot of time. But the thing here is different, i think you are overlapping two consoles which are not meant to be overlapped. The switch does not mean to beat the 3ds, it is just another console. You can still play awesome nintendo 3ds games while you upgrade to the nintendo switch.

Yeah, but I was wondering If I should wait to get the switch, and instead spend my money on 3ds games. While my switch is in no way going to replace my 3ds, I still have a limited amount of money.

It appears that, even though Nintendo has promised 1-2 more years of content for the 3DS, it is going by the wayside. After E3 this year, it s pretty clear that Nintendo is putting all its marbles on the Switch, instead of trying to continue making games for the less lucrative 3DS.

Except for everything they announced for 3ds and that's released since e3 and is releasing soon.

Back