AC:NL Should I reset my New Leaf town?

• Thread starter jonobo14
  • Start date
jonobo14

jonobo14

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
So recently I've been pretty bummed about playing New Leaf because I can't get past the fact that my mayor's house is in a terrible location on the map. It takes a while for me to walk to the other businesses and that gets really boring when I have to walk across the map all the time. I've been thinking about resetting my town and I need some opinions. The only thing keeping me from resetting is that I have at least a year of progress and I've collected so many things. Should I do it?

Should I do it?
Yeah. You can let a friend who you trust keep your items until you create a new save file, then go back to that friend's town to collect your valuables so you do not lose them.

The only problem you'll have is unlocking everything again, including Gracie's store (nothing time traveling can't fix though).

Last edited:
A fresh start is always nice. If restarting your town is what you want to do, nothing is stopping you other than the factors you mentioned (though you will be able to retrieve most of the items you have accumulated by following Marc's suggestion, but spent time in your former town will be gone forever). It certainly is the tough decision.

I reset my town a few times after choosing it, and I think it was worth it. I don't know about you, but I can't live on knowing that Re-Tail is far away and that the Town Hall could be in a better location. :3

But then again, I wasn't really that far into the game. It may seem like a drag afterward unless you really hate your town.

Id recommend you starting a new game and keep everything in mind like choosing a good map and a good location for your home. Well, you will have to do everything again like catch all the fish and unlocking tortimer island again and stuff. Don't bother that, though. after all, you started a new game!

Oh, don't forget to transfer the rare stuff to your new game!

I would say it depends how far you are in the game and if your happy with your town or not. If you just started then i would but if you are really far, it just depends if you really dont like your town or not

Back