Should I start on pokemon

• Thread starter 3dsatackman
  • Start date
3dsatackman

3dsatackman

Master of Fire!
Towns Folk
I never have played any pokemon game do you guys think that I should start now with pokemon XorY And are they worth it

The first thing to do is check out some of its gameplay on YouTube. Pokemon Y was well worth my money.

IMO, Pokemon X and Y are the best Pokemon games that I've ever played. One thing that I hate about the game is that you can't check a Pokemon's stats over a Wi-Fi Trade, so I wouldn't know if Joe bluffed when he said that his Jigglypuff has 434 HP. I don't think this will affect you, btw.

I'd say 100% yes. Start off with the new gen. There's no way you can go wrong with X and Y since it has all the new Pokemon and is for the 3DS. Totally worth every penny imo.

I think i will is there a way to get a download code for Y or X and can i get it cheaper online or at a store

and can i get it cheaper online or at a store
Not online if you're buying it. You might get it cheaper if you look for used games at stores like GameStop, etc.

ok thanks marc I might get acnl first. but i want to first buy a card with some play coins then i will have half of the amount i need for almost any game.

I think i will is there a way to get a download code for Y or X and can i get it cheaper online or at a store

If people are selling them used on amazone or something you could get cheaper games there.

Reactions: Marc
ok thanks marc I might get acnl first. but i want to first buy a card with some play coins then i will have half of the amount i need for almost any game.
If people are selling them used on amazone or something you could get cheaper games there.
Ok thanks i will do what i quoted from myself

Pokemon is DEFINITELY something to get into....in fact, perfect timing given the metagame just had some drastic changes (new type introduced, mega evolutions, etc.)

YESSSSS!

I never have played any pokemon game do you guys think that I should start now with pokemon XorY And are they worth it

Well, Pokémon X is my first pokémon game actually :p

Yes, totally start with the 6th gen because any latest gen will tech you all the new and old things altogether.
I hate about the game is that you can't check a Pokemon's stats over a Wi-Fi Trade, so I wouldn't know if Joe bluffed when he said that his Jigglypuff has 434 HP. I don't think this will affect you, btw.
You can check the stats over Wi-Fi with a Friend but not on GTS.

You can check the stats over Wi-Fi with a Friend but not on GTS.
How?

When you offer the trade (to your friend) there will be option for Summary. Tap it and you can check either Pokemon's stats.

When you offer the trade (to your friend) there will be option for Summary. Tap it and you can check either Pokemon's stats.

There is a way to trade more than a pokémon at time? (Just asking)

Speaking of trading....when it comes to Wonder Trade send in all your legendaries and shiny pokemon so that I have the possibility of being able to steal them be careful not to put in precious pokemon and expect an equally good thing in return :p There are so many Bidoofs and Weedles out there lol

Speaking of trading....when it comes to Wonder Trade send in all your legendaries and shiny pokemon so that I have the possibility of being able to steal them be careful not to put in precious pokemon and expect an equally good thing in return :p There are so many Bidoofs and Weedles out there lol

I got thousands of Caterpies

There is a way to trade more than a pokémon at time? (Just asking)
Not in Pokemon X/Y but in Black/White you could trade 3 pokes at a time. It was time saving.

Reactions: ErixSan
I started out with the Old Red and Blue but maybe you should start on the new games to get accustomed to it
then play older Pokemon Games later.

Yeah, I agree with SNESLink....the original Red and Blue has a completely outdated type effectiveness chart. Gen 1 was the days that Psychic types dominated the metagame.

Back