Should I upgrade to a New 3DS XL?

• Thread starter Souliousery
  • Start date
Souliousery

Souliousery

New Horizons pre-order missed but I bought it LOL
Towns Folk
Recently, I've been looking for a good deal for a Switch, because I got 200$ extra in stuff to spend for Christmas. However, I feel like I should buy a New 3DS to try the exclusive titles there, as well as an upgrade to my 3DS XL, as it's literally survived a fall in the toilet and over 200 falls. I fear that it's gonna fail one day and brake forever (It's modded). Should I upgrade to a new system and why?

Recently, I've been looking for a good deal for a Switch, because I got 200$ extra in stuff to spend for Christmas. However, I feel like I should buy a New 3DS to try the exclusive titles there, as well as an upgrade to my 3DS XL, as it's literally survived a fall in the toilet and over 200 falls. I fear that it's gonna fail one day and brake forever (It's modded). Should I upgrade to a new system and why?
Depends, do you want the exclusive games such as xenoblade, and some other stuff, do you really need the bigger screens, and do you want the face tracking 3D, I personally love mine, but it’s all you, and good luck with whatever you do.

Should I upgrade to a new system and why?
I'd say save up and get the Switch. Maybe wait for a good deal like a bundle or a buy 2 games, get 1 free type of offer. There are also a bunch of free-to-play games on the Switch. A lot more compared to the 3DS and Wii U.

We're getting XBC on the big screen. Why play it on the N3DS when there are little other N3DS exclusives?

Your 3DS is also a champ if it survived the toilet and a bunch of falls. I think it'd hang in there :p

Reactions: Souliousery and AricAttack
Is there actually any truely N3DS exclusive games? Pretty sure all of them work on the O3DS :redpanda:

I've never upgraded to the N3DS myself, always just had my O3DS XL and never came across anything really that had issues with it. You can always buy the clip on c stick if a game really does need it.

I would say just save up for a switch, newer games, better exclusives, many many more games on there as well

Do what you feel is right deep down in your heart.

Recommend to either get a Switch Lite, or get a Regular Switch. It's better to just do that...

@Sky, some games that were exclusive to the N3DS were actually there for a reason, Minecraft for an example will literally lag so hard on O3DS

A Switch and a 3DS XL have a bigger library than a 3DS and a slightly upgraded 3DS with more VC. Yeah the VC is great if you would like to play Earthbound or DKC, but also people are moving away from old stuff anyways and you can get most of that on a Online Switch plan (I think most of us here share the plan so it's basically free). It's weird most games on Switch are also cheaper than non-sale 3DS games. I say no upgrade.

I'd say save up and get the Switch. Maybe wait for a good deal like a bundle or a buy 2 games, get 1 free type of offer. There are also a bunch of free-to-play games on the Switch. A lot more compared to the 3DS and Wii U.

We're getting XBC on the big screen. Why play it on the N3DS when there are little other N3DS exclusives?

Your 3DS is also a champ if it survived the toilet and a bunch of falls. I think it'd hang in there :p
Thanks! I'll just save up then, I'm pretty close to it!

dont buy a new 3ds xl. just buy a switch lite. just play all the exclusive 3ds games on your console before it says goodbye. switch lite has even better exclusive games and it has AMAZING games not available on 3ds. and plus, you have already played 3ds games. why not move on to the next generation?

Reactions: Jisenku
I'd say get a regular switch above a lite, because if the lite's sticks begin to drift you can't replace the joy cons. Also if you are anything like me the dock really good when you need to play multiplayer and don't want to huddle around a 6 inch screen.

I would say hold off & get a Switch.
Seems that a lot of Support is being dropped with 3DS it’s discontinued, even YouTube is dropping support & possibly more to come. Though one thing get the 3ds before Nintendo shuts down the shop.
If all you can get is one system then atm jump to Switch first, enjoy all the system has to offer on top of support it has.
Then over time get a 3DS they will be even cheaper & possibly even find big games cheap.

Thanks! I'll just save up then, I'm pretty close to it!

I think that’s the best plan. If you don’t yet own a Nintendo Switch, it’s a must have. There’s a lot more value there than just buying a second 3DS. Honestly, if it were me I wouldn’t buy a New 3DS XL anyways. I would get the 2DS XL. I never did use the 3D much because it honestly just hurt my eyes. However, if you don’t already own a Switch then that is definitely the way to go.

I don't own a Switch, but I would say to go for the update. There's a lot more than just the bigger screens and the added control stick to the right. It's got faster processing times (reduced loading screen!), the 3D will track your face rather than needing to look at your screen at the perfect angle or whatever, and all DS games benefit from it, not just the New 3DS exclusive ones.

Hey everyone, guess what? I got a Switch! I have Super Mario Odyssey and Animal Crossing: New Horizons as games, as well as some digital games.

Reactions: Mizunil, 28142, TheSpiritedWarrior and 1 other person
Hey everyone, guess what? I got a Switch! I have Super Mario Odyssey and Animal Crossing: New Horizons as games, as well as some digital games.
Congrats on getting a switch! You made the right choice, and got some killer games to start with.

You should save up for a switch. If your 3ds xl still works well, cherish it and use that instead. Buying a new 3ds xl wouldn't be a good finnacial decision since the nintendo switch is only an extra $100 or the nintendo switch light which is a $200 price tag. Plus the 3ds line is literally hanging on a loose thread of string for support from nintendo. But in the end it's your desicion to spend your money.

You should save up for a switch. If your 3ds xl still works well, cherish it and use that instead. Buying a new 3ds xl wouldn't be a good finnacial decision since the nintendo switch is only an extra $100 or the nintendo switch light which is a $200 price tag. Plus the 3ds line is literally hanging on a loose thread of string for support from nintendo. But in the end it's your desicion to spend your money.
He already bought the switch..... :rotfl:

He already bought the switch..... :rotfl:
Ah, I didn't know that. Sorry for not knowing.

Ah, I didn't know that. Sorry for not knowing.
Don't be sorry. just telling you his final desicion. :thumbsup:

Reactions: EdwardKok
Back