Should more PS2 games be ported to the 3DS?

• Thread starter Memento Mori
  • Start date
Memento Mori

Memento Mori

Reapers' Game's Producer.
Towns Folk
Tales of Abyss is no doubt one of the best games on the 3DS. And as most of you probably know, it was ported from a PS2 game.

With that in mind, do you think that more games should be ported?

If so, which ones would you like to see?

Tales of Abyss is no doubt one of the best games on the 3DS. And as most of you probably know, it was ported from a PS2 game.

I'm not very fond of most of the games that are from the PS2, but I think that the first Little Big Planet should be a game that is deported to the 3DS. Although I doubt that will happen because of 1) It being exclusive to Sony and 2) downgrading a home console game to the 3DS will most likely make the game worse. Also, I thought Nintendo and Sony aren't on good terms, so what made them agree on porting Tales of Abyss to the 3DS?

I'm not very fond of most of the games that are from the PS2, but I think that the first Little Big Planet should be a game that is deported to the 3DS. Although I doubt that will happen because of 1) It being exclusive to Sony and 2) downgrading a home console game to the 3DS will most likely make the game worse.

Little Big Planet was made for the Playstation 3. Also, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D looks the same, if not better, than the Wii version.

I personally didn't enjoy Tales of The Abyss all that much, but I never gave it a fair enough chance. Sadly I haven't played many Playstation 2 games to even contribut to this topic, though...>.>

Reactions: Heart
Shadow of the Colossus . Make it happen. It won't happen. It was originally a PS2 game, that was remade for PS3. Interesting thing is that only enemies in the game are the 16 boss-colossi and it still feels combat heavy. Story is amazing, gameplay also awesome. Nintendo.Make.It.Happen.

There's actually not that many games that I like enough from the PS2 era where I'd want to see 3DS ports ... maybe the .Hack games. I'd prefer update PS1 games ... like how Klonoa turned out on the Wii.

Yes, but not excessively as they did with N64 games at the start of the 3DS's life. And they should take into account that the games should not be too dated. I'd love to see a 3DS version of Tomb Raider: Legend and Tomb Raider: Anniversary.

Reactions: Kaynil
I'm not very fond of most of the games that are from the PS2, but I think that the first Little Big Planet should be a game that is deported to the 3DS. Although I doubt that will happen because of 1) It being exclusive to Sony and 2) downgrading a home console game to the 3DS will most likely make the game worse. Also, I thought Nintendo and Sony aren't on good terms, so what made them agree on porting Tales of Abyss to the 3DS?

Yeah I would love Little Big Planet on my Nintendo 3DS but since sony owns it, I don't think it is going to happen... If they did make a 3DS version though I would totally buy it...

I guess I will go with Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne, because I didn't have chance to play that (no one sells that game CD anymore). That makes me miss one of the entire SMT series *sigh*

PS2 games huh well I WOULD LOVE SAKURA WARS GAMES PORTED to the 3ds (not V i already have it and yes the previous games were ported but Japan only) Also yeah the .hack series would be nice. Maybe Xenosaga for US? or how about SMT games like @dwikrid said.

@InjusticeBoy actually there's a DS Xenosaga which consisted of the first two installment, yet released only in Japan. And the 2nd Xenosaga (Beyond Good and Evil) is worst in gameplay. It didn't sell well, too... That turned Monolith Soft into cutting the series from 6 episodes to a trilogy.

I haven't played the PS2 but it does have a very large number of games. It'll diversify the 3DS library.

the ps2 had so many great rpgs but if I had to say which game from the ps2 I'd want to be ported most, it would have to be .Dot hack//: G.U

Reactions: TAG
An obscure ps2 game that should be ported to 3ds would have to be Okage you all should check it out if you can.

dragon quest VIII, although i don't know if it is possible to port such a game i mean it was laggy even on ps2

Hmm... There is a lot I guess,
What about Mana Khemia series? (Only 2 games)
It has been ported to PSP for the first one but the second didnt get localized but the ps2 one was a localized one :eek:

Getting Disgaea for 3DS is a great too i guess?:rolleyes:
I love the characters but looks like it wont happen any time soon because the deal with sony:(
Getting a tales series except Abyss (since it has been here) is a must buy for me too :D

Yeah I think ps2 ports work well and i want more. That metal gear solid game that got ported, it was really nice and worked great on the 3ds

I would really like to see a he remastered version of dragon quest 8 with lots of extras for ps3 I loved the game but I lost my ps2 so now I'm stuck with only the faintest memory SAD

I really do like PS2 games, but the fact that PS2 is owned by the rival company of Nintendo: Sony, I don't see very many PS2 games being ported, unless they are 3rd party games not officially licensed by Sony.

Back