Should Nintendo sell movies on the Nintendo Switch eshop?

• Thread starter Eric Cartman
  • Start date
Eric Cartman

Eric Cartman

BEWARE OF ADS
Towns Folk
Nintendo has sold movies on past systems like the 3DS in japan. Though what if Nintendo sold Pixar Movies and other kids movies on their Nintendo Switch eshop. People might find it weird or people might find it a deal breaker that they can be able to watch a movie on their TV then take the same with them on a long trip. Do you think this would be a good idea if Nintendo implemented this to the switch. Yay or Nay?

Reactions: swift789, Bagel and Leafeon1010
I personally think if they create a film service that downloads the movies and allows you to take them on the go without internet would be a huge success. You would also be able to view it on the tv with the switch so no need to buy a film twice. Brilliant idea lets hope nintendo make it happen.

Reactions: Mikaya
I think it would turn out to be a big hit. Before a long journey, watch the start of a movie, and then play it on the go whilst in a car would work out well. I'm not sure if it'll be a good idea to keep the switch out in a public area or transport (like a bus) because it may get stolen. Movies should be on discount so it will encourage more Switch users to purchase them.

Reactions: Eric Cartman and swift789
I don't know why but I personally use the service. If I'm on the Switch I would want to just play games I didn't beat. That and it would have competition with services like Netflix and Hulu (BUT those require internet). Granted your on an airplane then that wouldn't matter but in the car it's understandable unless you already have a DVD player in your vehicle. I just think it would be expensive and maybe even more of a hassle than actually getting a DVD from the store you know you can play wherever there is a DVD player which may be less common. There's pros and cons to both I'm sure.

Reactions: Eric Cartman
Nintendo has sold movies on past systems like the 3DS in japan. Though what if Nintendo sold Pixar Movies and other kids movies on their Nintendo Switch eshop. People might find it weird or people might find it a deal breaker that they can be able to watch a movie on their TV then take the same with them on a long trip. Do you think this would be a good idea if Nintendo implemented this to the switch. Yay or Nay?
In my opinion, Nintendo already has services such as Netflix and Hulu, so I don't really see any point in releasing movies on the e shop. They wouldn't make any sales, and would have to pay the company of the movie producers a lot for copyright.

In my opinion, Nintendo already has services such as Netflix and Hulu, so I don't really see any point in releasing movies on the e shop. They wouldn't make any sales, and would have to pay the company of the movie producers a lot for copyright.
I'm talking about movies that can buy and download straight on the switch itself. Hulu and Netflix require internet access and a movie/show download functionality is not available for either entertainment software.

People like to be able to do all their things on one device, so if they added movies to the eshop (or even rentable movies) I'm sure people would buy the system because of this.

Nintendo is a gaming company, not Netflix. I really don't see why they would need to add movies to their e-shop, especially when they already have apps such as Netflix and Hulu already on it (not to mention Youtube).

I want Nintendo's focus to be on creative innovative, fun games. Not complicated marketing schemes that involve movies and have games like Mario and Fire Emblem wait the background rather than take priority over aforementioned movies.

I mean, think about it. Do you know how much copyright nonsense they'd have to figure out for them to be able to sell even one movie, let alone a library of them?

I don´t think it should sell movies, even include netflix. I mean, anytime I want to watch a movie I just go over my laptop and watch it there, sometimes online. I don´t think that should be a matter of determining whether to buy the console or not just because you can watch movies on the go. By the time I bought my switch I wanted it just for the games. I also love movies but I don´t see the point of including movies on the switch or any other console.

While I think that such a thing would be a big hit, I don't know if it would work well due to the already overfilled market. I think that it would be much better for the Switch to just get Netflix or Hulu rather than trying to create its own video selling/streaming service.

Back