Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
Ethendor

Ethendor

The PK-Fire spammer
Towns Folk
In the rise of video game remakes there has been one franchise for one reason or another that hasn't had any which is Mario Kart. Now Mario Kart 8 Deluxe isn't a remake it is just a port for this example a remake is something like if Mario Kart 64 was to get onto Switch with much better graphics, a few new features, and online. One reason why Mario Kart hasn't had any remakes is because of the fact old tracks make it into the newer games for example, Mushroom Gorge from MKWii was brought back in MK7 or Ribbon Road from MKGBA was brought back in MK8. This is a very good reason not to remake them as there are already remakes of the tracks. A few good reasons to do this though is for example all the old tracks are scrambled into the new games, for example lets say you want to play lots of remakes MKDD tracks but DK Mountain is in Wii, meanwhile Yoshi circuit is in MK8 that means you have to switch out games to play both. Another good example is for certain playstyles like MKDD has the double item and character system but if you were to play the remade tracks you wouldn't be able to play with two people in the kart. So what do you think should these games get remakes.

To be honest I think Super Mario Kart should get a remake on the 3DS. If that was a thing though, there should be more characters than the ones in the SNES game.

As it is Mario Kart games are pretty much remade. The only difference are characters karts and power ups. Only one game
Is game breaking being double dash, since you have two characters instead of one. The reason this happens is because half of the stages are new and the rest are recycled (hopefully you know this). So no, making a remake wouldn’t be very effective

I don't think any of the games need remakes, in my opinion the franchise is better off moving forward, releasing new games and experimenting with new gameplay mechanics (pun unintended). Old tracks will eventually see their return in the Retro Cup in future games (more or less faithful to the original), and the roster rotates on occasion, bringing back past characters or introducing new ones. Every game being more or less unique in some way makes them feel more special and fun to return to, while a remake wouldn't be a waste, I think development time and money is better spent on new games.

Reactions: Dowhat?
Not really.

Nah this isn't one of those series I feel that would benefit from them. Same can be said for any Mario Party games.
Mario64 could be cool but it's kind of moot at this point since Odyssey already recaptured that magic again.

Yeah maybe making a sequel to a older mario kart would be good but a sequel is not needed. A new double dash game would be pretty neat.

It'd be really cool, but I don't think it would happen. The next Mario Kart games basically are remakes of remakes of remakes of previous Mario Kart games. How? Each Mario Kart has courses from previous games, with new ones. Then the next MK game does the same thing. Yeah, I don't think it'll happen.

Back