Shounen or Shoujo?

• Thread starter SaToRi
  • Start date
SaToRi

SaToRi

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Which types of Manga do you prefer reading? Do you dislike one over the other, or do you like them both?

I like them both, but i prefer Shounen. I like some Shoujo titles like Skip Beat, and Ouran Highschool.

Depends on the series, but I generally prefer Shounen to Shoujo, the reason being that I just dislike the overuse of glitter effects in manga, which is found in many Shoujo.

Reactions: SaToRi
I'm fine with both, being the hopeless romantic that I am :oops: My favourite manga, Vampire Knight, is a shojo one (aimed at girls), so sometimes I think, "Hey, I'm a guy. Should I be read- OH GOD WATCH OUT- yes I definitely should." :p

This is for manga though - because shounen is usually more combat-heavy and I still have yet to understand all the effects used in manga fights. Doesn't mean I don't like shounen though; like I said, I like both :giggle:

If I had to chose one I would chose shounen because I like action animes like soul eater, medaka box, and Dragonball Z

It depends, but I prefer seinen to both of them. Seinen manga (or anime) has quality different than shounen/shoujo. It usually has heavier, more serious and mature content.

Reactions: 18
It depends, but I prefer seinen to both of them. Seinen manga (or anime) has quality different than shounen/shoujo. It usually has heavier, more serious and mature content.
Oh, you mean like Coppelion and Velv- ... I mean, like Coppelion? :D

@Spinnerweb yep :p my favorites are Real! and Bokurano.

Reactions: 18
Do you mean Shounen jump magazine cause i prefer reading the ones from shounen.

I don't really read much manga, but if anime genres are okay to say here, it's sort of a mix of both. I've seen a bit of both and don't really prefer one over the other unless comparing it to magical girl shoujo vs. regular shounen, but not every shoujo series is all girly (Vampire Knight is a good example, but there's others too)

I rarely read Shoujo, other than some Ouran High School Host Club and Kimi ni Todoke amongst some other series. I honestly kind of grew out of Shonen manga, while there are series I still read like Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin and Slam Dunk. The only ongoing Shonen manga I read nowadays is One Piece, outside of that, nothing really interests me much.

I.. I like everything. From romantic McShizzle to action.

So I like both of them.

Well, since One Piece is Shonen, so I'll go with Shonen.

isn't shoujo like shonen but for girls ? thats what i heard ? anyways i usually read shonen like naruto, one piece, the breaker and all the other action comedy type manga ^^

No love for Seinen? :oops:

Back