Shovel Knight for Smash bros.

• Thread starter PigPhat64
  • Start date
PigPhat64

PigPhat64

IM IN CHARGE OF THE GAS TANKS!!!
Towns Folk
Shovel Knight had been out for about a week now and, needless to say, it has gained a lot of popularity. Though it may be impossible for him to be in the game at the release date, would you apl like to see in as a DLC character for the new smash bros?

I think that would be amazing if he does join the fight. they could do what they did with megaman and his power and just replace those with his items. he could deflect projectiles with his shovel or have shield knight come in.

After seeing some gameplay footage I think he could be a unique character as a matter of fact his 2 moves in the game
Are very similar to another character from Disney. His move set could have him jumping on foes to do damage and his digging move could have him literally dig up any item in the game.

He would be great in a Smash Bros. game but considering the circumstances, he is both unqualified to be a Smash Bros. character nor is it likely they will add him in at this point in development.

Shovel Knight had been out for about a week now and, needless to say, it has gained a lot of popularity. Though it may be impossible for him to be in the game at the release date, would you apl like to see in as a DLC character for the new smash bros?

Impossible. It's rare for Nintendo to pick a character not made by them. In our case, Shovel Knight was not made by Nintendo but by an indie developer, so the chances are close to zero. Sorry to crush your hopes.

Considering the game launched on Steam and is so new, absolutely not.

Of course, if Nintendo were to ever buy Yacht Club Games or something. Then yeah, Shovel Knight is a perfect fit.

It's unlikely because Shovel Knight is a multiplatform game - pretty much every current-gen platform has it. So Nintendo would be reluctant to include him. It'd be cool if he became a DLC character but there's a ninety percent chance it'll never happen. :bag:

In a similar scenario, though, I'd love to see Rusty from the Steamworld games included. :)

Not likely like other people have said. I have hopes however how absurd it seems that there will be a new Mother character in SSB4 that will star in his own game that Sakurai will help make (just like Pit and the Kid Icarus series). This one is a stretcher but since Lucas was unexpected in Brawl it doesn't hurt to imagine.

Who knows that can be a dlc for ssb related to shovel Knight

Who knows that can be a dlc for ssb related to shovel Knight
It is impossible. Nintendo only uses their characters for the SSB series (only exceptions: Sonic, Snake, Mega Man and Pac-Man).

So, don't expect seeing Shovel Knight soon. Even as a DLC. I'm sure there would be characters that deserves more to be released as a DLC too than him.

I don't think Shovel Knight has a sliver of a chance of being in the game, let alone being a playable character. After all, he is new, has only one game, is on many different platforms, and isn't really an established video game character. The only way he'll ever get into the game is if someone mods him in.

Wait, what is the game shovel knight all about? I've seen the characters in it and it does look quite interesting to me, I've also heard a lot about it (mostly in Nintendo force,the best thing yet to the now deceased Nintendo power ;( ) I'd like to know more about this game! Then I'd be able to decide if I want anyone from that game into ssb 3D

Back