Silly myths in Splatoon/2

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Heya Peeps, P2.0 here! It's been a while since I've posted, so I decided to come back to the one place that still sparks interest within my soul. *^* Splatoon!

So yeah, this game, or rather games, have been out for a while, and there's a good amount of players who perform off-the-chain maneuvers during matches. :eek: And then there's some folks that do things that make you go: ... .-. Erm, what the heck are you doing?
You may even go as far as to finding them, asking why did they do what they did. And they respond they hear that if they did certain thing, it would help them win a victory. ...Wut?

So I'm going to share some things I heard ( Most I never tried ), and you guys tell me if you've heard of em', or if you've heard any myths or rumors, k?

Myth 1: Charger riding.

Supposedly, if you're really quick, you can fire a Charger, turn into Squid Form, and ride your shot across gaps you'd normally have to run around. ...I dunno if that's possible, tho. Seems kinda farfetched.

Myth 2: Squid Flying.

Alright, so this is one I admittedly tried more than once. :'D This is how it works: You run at a gap, jump, and rapidly tap the Squid Form button to "Fly" across distances. I guess since it seems like Squid Form jumps higher than human form, each release of the button kinda helps maintain air, or something.
Needless to say, I've done it before. :p Can't tell if it works, or if I was lucky.

Myth 3: Spin Attack.

I once heard of this from Miiverse, and I never got a chance to try it in Splatoon 2. So here's how it goes: If you're using a weapon that fires rapidly and you Super Jump to a spot where the other team is waiting to splat you, aim down, and start spinning while holding the trigger. This creates a "spin attack" of shots that clears, or even splats the opposing team waiting for you so you can get out safely. o/ Try it if you you're feeling brave..

So whatcha think of these myths? Or have you heard anything outlandish as well?

Reactions: SS1o7crazydude and Samster
Charger riding sounds cool but I've never seen anyone ever do it in any of my matches. I'm not really a big charger fan though. I rarely use charger weapons.

Reactions: P2.0
Charger riding sounds cool but I've never seen anyone ever do it in any of my matches. I'm not really a big charger fan though. I rarely use charger weapons.
Same, I've never done that one, either. Chargers are real slow for me, and plus, the reaction time that you would need to pull off that is gamebreaking. D: I mean, how in the world could you fire, change, and ride a shot in like half a second??

I'm thinking it was a glitch, but who knows? :'D

Back