Gen 6 Simple method: pokemon x/y farming/grinding tricks

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
Alright, this is just a little something i kinda taught myself personally after doing some research and experimenting for myself to see what is best for me, and i feel it works pretty well for myself so i thought id share this just to give people ideas for farming/grinding in pokemon x and y. Note: the methods and tricks i will be explaining here are very easy methods specifically for less skilled and/or more casual pokemon players, even though i find them effective to a certain degree please keep that in mind. There are a number of more advanced (possibly more effective) tricks for these games out there and i am aware of this. I am writing this specifically for people who are less skilled or just want more casual gameplay while making a good amount of progress.

1. BP farming
I have found that going to the battle institute in lumiose to be a much easier way to get BP, as the game guarantees you 3 BP at minimum regardless of the results. In addition, you are also promised an EV booster wing item (i think thats the right abbreviation and/or term, not sure. I do not specialize with that sort of thing so advanced players, i appreciate corrections if necessary, i do not want to deveive anyone here). Of course, the reward is better if you do welle enough, but if you have runs of bad luck or what not you are still rewarded simply for playing. Note: the battle maison gives larger amounts when you have a good streak going, but this is obviously tougher as from what i hear you need large numbers streak count to reap any serious results if youre only aiming for the BP stockpiling. The minimum is 1 BP per win at the start and increases slowly, but remember if you lose just once you have to restart at 1 BP per victory. Just something to think about, do whats best for you.

2. Money& EXP farming
Now, many if not all of you have probably seen nearly everyone telling you to use restaraunt le wow for this, and it is a bit faster if you do from what ive studied online, but i personally find using restraunt le yeah to be easy enough yet effective. Just go there with the taxi and put your strongest Pokemon first in your party holding the amulet coin. Then just decide what you either want more or need more, in this case between EXP and money. Use the highest level o power you have for either one and from there just do the rotation battle full circle with either the exp power or money power. Note: it may be possible to use both but obviously not at max level here simultaneously, as this would more than likely exceed the maximum energy cap under normal conditions if you have a basic idea of this. What might be possible is to use one of the above powers at minimum level and then the other at level 2. But of course, i dont think that would work either. I havent tried it yet so i don't know, but im guessing its not legally possible based on what i do know about the topic in general.

Anyways, this is what i do to help me train pokemon and keep up in game funds without any trouble. From me personally, i do the BP farming in lumiose to stock up for rare candies. I dont depend on them of course, but sometimes its fun to have a good amount saved up on my end. Hope this helps anyone who wants ideas or tips for playing.

Alright, this is just a little something i kinda taught myself personally after doing some research and experimenting for myself to see what is best for me, and i feel it works pretty well for myself so i thought id share this just to give people ideas for farming/grinding in pokemon x and y. Note: the methods and tricks i will be explaining here are very easy methods specifically for less skilled and/or more casual pokemon players, even though i find them effective to a certain degree please keep that in mind. There are a number of more advanced (possibly more effective) tricks for these games out there and i am aware of this. I am writing this specifically for people who are less skilled or just want more casual gameplay while making a good amount of progress.

1. BP farming
I have found that going to the battle institute in lumiose to be a much easier way to get BP, as the game guarantees you 3 BP at minimum regardless of the results. In addition, you are also promised an EV booster wing item (i think thats the right abbreviation and/or term, not sure. I do not specialize with that sort of thing so advanced players, i appreciate corrections if necessary, i do not want to deveive anyone here). Of course, the reward is better if you do welle enough, but if you have runs of bad luck or what not you are still rewarded simply for playing. Note: the battle maison gives larger amounts when you have a good streak going, but this is obviously tougher as from what i hear you need large numbers streak count to reap any serious results if youre only aiming for the BP stockpiling. The minimum is 1 BP per win at the start and increases slowly, but remember if you lose just once you have to restart at 1 BP per victory. Just something to think about, do whats best for you.

2. Money& EXP farming
Now, many if not all of you have probably seen nearly everyone telling you to use restaraunt le wow for this, and it is a bit faster if you do from what ive studied online, but i personally find using restraunt le yeah to be easy enough yet effective. Just go there with the taxi and put your strongest Pokemon first in your party holding the amulet coin. Then just decide what you either want more or need more, in this case between EXP and money. Use the highest level o power you have for either one and from there just do the rotation battle full circle with either the exp power or money power. Note: it may be possible to use both but obviously not at max level here simultaneously, as this would more than likely exceed the maximum energy cap under normal conditions if you have a basic idea of this. What might be possible is to use one of the above powers at minimum level and then the other at level 2. But of course, i dont think that would work either. I havent tried it yet so i don't know, but im guessing its not legally possible based on what i do know about the topic in general.

Anyways, this is what i do to help me train pokemon and keep up in game funds without any trouble. From me personally, i do the BP farming in lumiose to stock up for rare candies. I dont depend on them of course, but sometimes its fun to have a good amount saved up on my end. Hope this helps anyone who wants ideas or tips for playing.

Some a correction and a couple of better suggestions, plus coverage of ORAS as well!:p

1. XY/ORAS BP Farming:
You say you get at least 3BP for 5 battles in the Battle Institute, but in the Battle Maison, you get 2BP per win in the Super Singles (or any Super battle format to be honest), in case you didn't know that, and it's hard to lose before the 10th battle actually if you have a decent team, so even if you lose and have to start over, you will still get more BP, unless you can get a score of 7000 every time on the battle test so you can get a decent amount of BP, which is much harder!:p

Also, another easy way is for anyone who has the Pokebank. You can get Pokemiles or BP every day and the amount you get every day is proportional to how many Pokemon you have on there, so just choke it full of junk Pokemon or something and you will be getting like 10BP per day by doing nothing!:D

2. XY Exp/Money Farming:
The fastest way to get experience is actually to go to the Battle Chateau, raise your rank to Duke/Duchess and above to unlock the writs (black writ is the best for exp). Then go enable Silver Writ of Invitation, Gold Writ of Invitation and Red/Black Writ of Invitation (depending on what you got and how much your Pokemon can handle), then disable battle animations from the options (to make battles shorter), give all the Pokemon you want to level up a Lucky Egg, put the strongest Pokemon you have in the lead, enable any Exp O-Power you want and just run around and battle ONLY the Furisode Girls (3 Audinos each, they give a LOT of exp), Korina, Ramos, Clemont (only after you beat Diantha in the BC), Valerie, Olympia, Wulfric, Malva, Drasna, Wikstorm (if you don't mind his Sturdy Probopass stalling) and Diantha! ONLY the above trainers give a decent amount of exp and with a strong Pokemon in the lead you can beat them in under a minute! You will also get plenty of money plus items like Nuggets all the time, so it's good for money, despite having to pay for the writs, but they last for a whole day!

ORAS Exp Farming:
Super Secret Blissey Bases! Need I say more?:p
aF02xUQ.jpg
sXqmCUo.jpg

However, ORAS is a pain since there's no way to farm for money, unlike XY which had about 10 methods!

Some a correction and a couple of better suggestions, plus coverage of ORAS as well!:p

1. XY/ORAS BP Farming:
You say you get at least 3BP for 5 battles in the Battle Institute, but in the Battle Maison, you get 2BP per win in the Super Singles (or any Super battle format to be honest), in case you didn't know that, and it's hard to lose before the 10th battle actually if you have a decent team, so even if you lose and have to start over, you will still get more BP, unless you can get a score of 7000 every time on the battle test so you can get a decent amount of BP, which is much harder!:p

Also, another easy way is for anyone who has the Pokebank. You can get Pokemiles or BP every day and the amount you get every day is proportional to how many Pokemon you have on there, so just choke it full of junk Pokemon or something and you will be getting like 10BP per day by doing nothing!:D

2. XY Exp/Money Farming:
The fastest way to get experience is actually to go to the Battle Chateau, raise your rank to Duke/Duchess and above to unlock the writs (black writ is the best for exp). Then go enable Silver Writ of Invitation, Gold Writ of Invitation and Red/Black Writ of Invitation (depending on what you got and how much your Pokemon can handle), then disable battle animations from the options (to make battles shorter), give all the Pokemon you want to level up a Lucky Egg, put the strongest Pokemon you have in the lead, enable any Exp O-Power you want and just run around and battle ONLY the Furisode Girls (3 Audinos each, they give a LOT of exp), Korina, Ramos, Clemont (only after you beat Diantha in the BC), Valerie, Olympia, Wulfric, Malva, Drasna, Wikstorm (if you don't mind his Sturdy Probopass stalling) and Diantha! ONLY the above trainers give a decent amount of exp and with a strong Pokemon in the lead you can beat them in under a minute! You will also get plenty of money plus items like Nuggets all the time, so it's good for money, despite having to pay for the writs, but they last for a whole day!

ORAS Exp Farming:
Super Secret Blissey Bases! Need I say more?:p
aF02xUQ.jpg
sXqmCUo.jpg

However, ORAS is a pain since there's no way to farm for money, unlike XY which had about 10 methods!

Ahhh, i see. Thank you for your help with improvements here! :) i havent really used the writs options much so thats why i havent said anything about that, lol. I will definitely try that though, ive got plenty of good high leveled mons to help me sweep them (not to brag or anything, sorry guys.... >.<). As for the battle maison trick, im unsure what you mean by "super singles".... Im not sure what you are referring to here, it would help me greatly if you could screen the option for me.... I personally remember (or think, not sure of the best word here sorry if you are confused guys, im not much good at this sort of thing so my apologies for any confusion >.<) getting 1 bp per win at the start (first battle and for a little bit ahead too, if i said that right.... Ugh, perfect wording is kinda tough for me sorry guys), but i also havent done any battling there in a good while so i may be wrong on this and if i am im glad you wrote corrections.

At any rate, thank you for your help with improvements and corrections! ^~^ i want to give the best ideas i can that hopefully players of all skill levels can do without too much trouble, me being one to understand the inconvenience of too much frustration since i have some relatives who are a bit too serious about winning and gaming in general (some of them with the idea in their head that they must be the best in everything and win at all costs). I hope to help minimize the issue i described above as much as i can whether it be in person or online like here just for the sake of others and ultimately, for the better of everyone/sake of unity and harmony (if that makes sense, i think i may have used too big of words in some of that so sorry if i did). Ultimately, i want other gamers to prosper in video gaming as much as they desire without experiencing too many problems. I know some people such as myself have the control and collection to just set a game aside if its kinda annoying/its not going well for a while to either think it through or take a break otherwise. As i have said many times, not everyone has this gift.

Sorry if i went kinda off topic (i admit i probably did), but i assure you it is not without reason. In fact, i said what i did above to point out why i listed the methods i did in my original post. Thank you for your help, though. Im always open for feedback, especially if improvements are available. Thank you kindly. :)

When you go to the Battle Maison the first time, you have some available formats you can choose. If you reach the 20th battle in any of those formats, then you will battle against the corresponding Battle Chatelaine to the format you are currently challenging. After you beat them, you unlock the "Super" version of the format you cleared, so if you beat Singles for example, you unlock Super Singles! Super formats start by rewarding you 2BP for each of the first 10 battles, instead of the 1BP the regular format rewards. The regular formats aren't hard at all and can easily be beat with the Pokemon you were raising during the story (I used Sceptile, Crobat, Exploud and Manectric on Omega Ruby for example) and also reward 48BP total the first time you challenge a beat a regular format, so it's not bad, plus afterwards you can just go do the newly unlocked Super one, to get much more BP than what you would get with a low score on Battle Institute!

When you go to the Battle Maison the first time, you have some available formats you can choose. If you reach the 20th battle in any of those formats, then you will battle against the corresponding Battle Chatelaine to the format you are currently challenging. After you beat them, you unlock the "Super" version of the format you cleared, so if you beat Singles for example, you unlock Super Singles! Super formats start by rewarding you 2BP for each of the first 10 battles, instead of the 1BP the regular format rewards. The regular formats aren't hard at all and can easily be beat with the Pokemon you were raising during the story (I used Sceptile, Crobat, Exploud and Manectric on Omega Ruby for example) and also reward 48BP total the first time you challenge a beat a regular format, so it's not bad, plus afterwards you can just go do the newly unlocked Super one, to get much more BP than what you would get with a low score on Battle Institute!

Ohhh i see, lol! That explains why i got confused, i did play the preset default singles but i think the farthest i got was battle 11-15?? Although, the reason for that is probably because im not so good when it comes to piecing a very good team for things like this, i know im not kek. Idc if anyone lol's at me here, i sometimes laugh at myself here anyways so it's all good if anyone wants to write an lol. Idc, no worries. ^~^

Back