Simulator Room, and your favorite game.

• Thread starter Joshua Farrell
  • Start date
Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
If Nintendo ever got around to spending the money to make a simulation room to play your favorite game in, what game from Nintendo would you like to see made more interactive, so that it feels more real to you? I mean, not a room, where there is just one screen that you have to look at, but multiple screens or projectors, giving you a more in real life feeling that would make a game that much better?

I would love to have Mario made into a simulation game, where you are playing in 1st person, and everything you do to move in real life, causes the character to move in the game.

A Nintendo game? Hmm...

I suppose it would be a Legend of Zelda game. Provided there was no real danger to me, I'd love the sword-swinging puzzle-solving bomb-throwing monster-mashing gameplay, even if it would be exhausting. Having Navi buzzing in my ear constantly would be a slight annoyance though :p

If it could be any game at all, then I would pick Resident Evil 4. We're talking gameplay, right, so I'd love to be able to face my fears that way, shooting things that at the moment I'm not scared of only because they're inside a screen. It might also help as a 'Virtual Reality' cure for people who have more intense than normal fears of scary creatures despite them being fictional.

I would love to try out a Punch-Out VR game. Let's see how well I stand a chance against Mike Tyson. If it was a great arcade hit it'll make a great conversation piece in the future. I couldn't see a VR Pac-Man game though because it would be too stressful or you'd get too much adrenaline from running away from ghosts especially if they gradually get faster. As far as innovation goes I could see a 1st person Yoshi title involving you throwing eggs precisely and solving egg throwing puzzles to move on. A Metroid Prime or Mega Man 1st person game wouldn't hurt either.

As far as favorites I'd go with... Idk, I have too many. :D

That would open so many possibilities :D... I don't even know, because playing (for example) a Mario Galaxy game with a VR feeling would be damn amazing, but there's also some games on which the effect could be spectacular (mostly the LoZ games; do you imagine playing Majora's Mask this way :)?).

Same as @Artisan, too many to tell...

I would love to play Super Mario 64. The thrill of battling all those enemies in a three dimensional environment would be a lot of fun. I might also try Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate or Star Fox 3D.

Back