Single, or Multiplayer?

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Hello everyone, P2.0 here, coming at ya with another post! .....Actually, I just need some help. xD See, mah b-day's coming soon ( If I'm still alive by then ), and I wanna know what kind of game should I go for: a Singleplayer, or a Multiplayer game? Most of the time, people like playing alone, while a few people prefer to play with friends. :] I'm usually one to play with people if I'm in the mood. If that's the case, I may try to get a game like.....Maybe FF:EX, TH, Xenoblade Chronicles:X, or whatever. If I'm feeling shut-in, I may want a nice singleplayer, like Rune Factory:4, or some Indi game. 'o'

Anyhoozies, that's my dilemma at the moment. :( I'm sort of on the fence about which type to get. If you think you have a better suggestion(s), comment down below and lemme hear em'! :D If it's a multiplayer game, and it looks fun to me, hey, maybe I'll add it to my list, see you there, maybe? :3

Multiplayer games ftw! :D It's always more fun playing with another person or more people. It's also easier defeating harder enemies/levels/whatever with another person than doing it yourself. Also, improves your teamwork skillz. xD

But if you want, you can get a single player game too. c:

Or you could get both if you can. ^-^

Reactions: P2.0 and 3823
Multiplayer games ftw! :D It's always more fun playing with another person or more people. It's also easier defeating harder enemies/levels/whatever with another person than doing it yourself. Also, improves your teamwork skillz. xD

But if you want, you can get a single player game too. c:

Or you could get both if you can. ^-^
I hope I can get a bunch of games if I get the $100 for my b-day! :D ( If I have enough left from buying a new tablet. ;-; ) If I do, I may try to get two multiplayer games and one singleplayer game, maybe Story of Seasons, or Rune Factory: 4. Got any suggestions? :3 It'd help narrow my searching down to a minimum!

Well :3 , I would totally say multi-player game until you mentioned Rune Factory 4. xD

I think you own more single player games so multi-player games would be a good choice. I checked your profile and there's no game list so I might name games you already have :/

Multiplayer:
  • Fantasy life - adventure with friends, choose your favorite life, create your character and explore a vast world :3
  • ACNL- Super relaxing, everyone knows what it's about, I think you already have it tho. If you don't, I think you'd like it a lot. It has that balance between Multiplayer and single player too.
  • Monster hunter 4 ultimate - This game is slow paced, and only a few people will click with it...I think >.< It has a Multiplayer option so I'm just putting it here.
If you have all of the games above, (besides MH, just an extra) I recommend Rune factory 4. It's a gem in the 3ds game line up <3

Reactions: P2.0
Well :3 , I would totally say multi-player game until you mentioned Rune Factory 4. xD

I think you own more single player games so multi-player games would be a good choice. I checked your profile and there's no game list so I might name games you already have :/

Multiplayer:
  • Fantasy life - adventure with friends, choose your favorite life, create your character and explore a vast world :3
  • ACNL- Super relaxing, everyone knows what it's about, I think you already have it tho. If you don't, I think you'd like it a lot. It has that balance between Multiplayer and single player too.
  • Monster hunter 4 ultimate - This game is slow paced, and only a few people will click with it...I think >.< It has a Multiplayer option so I'm just putting it here.
If you have all of the games above, (besides MH, just an extra) I recommend Rune factory 4. It's a gem in the 3ds game line up <3
Actually, I mostly own multiplayer games, and everything you mentioned, except Rune Factory:4, and MH4U, I have. :p I REALLY oughta update that list later. ;u; If I did go for a game that I could play with peeps, I do hope character customization is a thing. I love doing that. ^o^ Also, if I can, I may want a Wii U game if there's any good ones. 'o'

Reactions: 3823
Actually, I mostly own multiplayer games, and everything you mentioned, except Rune Factory:4, and MH4U, I have. :p I REALLY oughta update that list later. ;u; If I did go for a game that I could play with peeps, I do hope character customization is a thing. I love doing that. ^o^ Also, if I can, I may want a Wii U game if there's any good ones. 'o'
Rf has no customization but it has a lot of weapon/armor combinations and stuff that are not visible >.< Towards the end of the game you unlock different color schemes.

I really think you should try out RF4, you'll love it. It has farming, killing monsters, befriending monsters and making them your pets, cooking... and omg there's just so much.

So yeah, consider that an option, I highly recommend it. In the end, the choice is all yours ^-^

Rf has no customization but it has a lot of weapon/armor combinations and stuff that are not visible >.< Towards the end of the game you unlock different color schemes.

I really think you should try out RF4, you'll love it. It has farming, killing monsters, befriending monsters and making them your pets, cooking... and omg there's just so much.

So yeah, consider that an option, I highly recommend it. In the end, the choice is all yours ^-^
I hear nothing but good stuff about that game! :eek: I'll heavily consider it, thank you. :3

Reactions: 3823
XenoX eats up your Wii U storage, but other than that, it's a mighty fun game. Don't have it for myself, but gameplay footage alone can make you want the game so badly kek. If you play multiplayer games more often than single player, any solo game would be a nice change, really. :jimlad:

I'm a huge fan of Multiplayer games personally, it makes the games a lot more fun to play through. It actually is a way to develop a virtual bond with the people you play with, whether it be local or online. Plus intentionally killing people in a teamwork game is always a fun thing to do xD.

Single player isn't all that bad either, but having a buddy to mess around with on the screen makes the game a lot more enjoyable than by yourself lol.

I've always liked multi-player more :3 Whether it'd be playing against a friend or playing with a friend in a sort of co-op, the aspect of fun is always the same in my opinion. I could name some games that have multi-player that I have enjoyed a lot playing with friends; like MK, Pokemon, LoZ: Spirit Tracks.

Single-player is good in its own way, but still. One of the first things ask when looking at a game is if it has any sort of multi-player :p

Reactions: P2.0 and 3823
Multiplayer looks good on any game like Smash, Mario Kart, Pokemon and it's great for when your tired of playing single player modes. Single player games are alright but they lack the longevity of multiplayer games but if you already have multiplayer games (which may be hard to decide which ones you want to play with your friends) then go ahead and get a single player game (as long as no one spoils it for you).

In classic Buddhist "middle path" fashion, I choose a middle ground for this. My ideal is having a game that can be played alone while having multiplayer capabilities both online and offline, like with some zelda and most pokemon titles. This will vary a lot Id imagine, a game you could try that comes heavily recommended to me is monster hunter 4 ultimate

In classic Buddhist "middle path" fashion, I choose a middle ground for this. My ideal is having a game that can be played alone while having multiplayer capabilities both online and offline, like with some zelda and most pokemon titles. This will vary a lot Id imagine, a game you could try that comes heavily recommended to me is monster hunter 4 ultimate
That's a good way of looking at it! :eek: So you'd pick a game where the two genre coexists. Not bad. I guess the real issue for me is finding a game suitable for both, y'know? I mean, there's plenty of games like that out there, but not all of em' are that good. ;~; I wanna be sure the choice I make is one I never regret.

I mostly play RPGs, indie games, and puzzle games, but I love multiplayer games even though I don't play them a lot. Although I cant really give you and reccomendations... XD I think I'm gonna look throuh this thread for one that I may like, in fact.

Or, you could get one with an option for both :eek: PLOT TWIST

For me, whether I enjoy a game more as single or multiplayer really depends on the game. For instance, I don't really enjoy the multiplayer Zelda games, as I feel that they are much more of a single player experience. On the other hand, I much prefer a multiplayer Kirby game that provides hours of great times with friends.

Depends on if you primarily play alone or with others, I guess.

Personally, I solely play singleplayer games, so I very rarely play games with a strong focus on multiplayer. Sometimes I'll play Smash Bros but that's about the only example I can think of, and I've literally never played online since I got Ultimate. Not even once.

Especially since you now have to pay for online play, which would be entirely useless to me if I'm only ever going to use it once or twice, so unless it's a third party game like the now-discontinued F2P Dawn of the Breakers, I won't bother with online at all. No use in paying for something I'm never going to use.

Nor do I have friends, either, so local play is out of the question. Really, there's no point in multiplayer, so I stick exclusively to solo games.

this type of question does and can often fluxuate oppionions on people based on time , world situation status and various other factors of diffrent peoples life that cant b
always be put into words , so while this is a simple question in nature to ask , it is a trick question that can be easy to awnser for some while complex for others that may incur past emotion and feelings about this sort of thing , where as in the past multiplayer is for sure very hot and an in thing where a many people will vouch for online being it and a must if you want to consider yourself a gamer but in this day and age which is forever changed things and become the new normal landscape due to the wuhan virus , single player is less desirable and multiplayer is basically a nessessatity as multiplayer is the only way people can keep in touch through games while bored since going out is dangerous and especially in some parts of the world lockdowns and quranteenes are frequent , since phone calling is a thing along with email and text messaging and forum posting but they are boring overall to many and would rather spend time playing the online games while they have the chance , so multiplayer is for surenking andnprefered over single player but for me it is a mixed bag i prefer single player due to have no connections and i feel alone when it comes to games no one in my irl peer “circle social bubble and i use the term loosely” do not share the same tastes as me and or play games or own systems i do so if i ever play anythin online it end up be with randos that happen to be online and since my online luck is not desirable i tend to not bother with multiplayer even when it is free like 3ds wifi compatible games with multiplayer.

Depends on the game. I like single player if it's like a game with like alot of content and secret like super mario oddyssey. To me thats a pretty good single player based game. Though I'm pretty sure I'm a fan of multiplayer games more because I like to play competetive games online like splatoon 2 and ninjala.

If you have alot of friends you wanna play games with i suggest get something multiplayer you could play with them. It'll be a worth it buy. What are your friends into and what do they play on switch?

I mostly play multiplayer games, however I do have a nice list of solo games I am currently playing. Those solo games that I am currently playing are mostly rogue lites, but I do play some survival horror games that are single player.

Back