Sinnoh Remakes Confirmed: Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
We were all expecting it and it's finally here. The information someone leaked on the net turned out to be true and we are getting Sinnoh remakes after all. Titled Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Pokemon Shining Pearl, these remakes will launch on the Switch later this year.

Mainline Pokemon games usually come out in November, so I'm expecting a November release.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Reveal Trailer

Pokemon Diamond was the Pokemon game that got me into competitive play. It also introduced WiFi which I was a major fan of because I didn't have many buddies with Pokemon to play with locally. Snow was also an impressive addition around the time and I absolutely loved the starters. My memory is foggy about the rest because it's been years since I've played the single player campaign, so I can't really remember if it gave a challenge or not, but I was young back then so I'm sure it did :monkey:

I just hope we'll be able to connect these games with the currently available Pokemon Switch games. It would suck if we're limited to only battling and trading with other Brilliant Diamond and Pokemon Shining players.

What are your thoughts and what are you expecting in these remakes?

Reactions: Gram, phofufury, Mizunil and 1 other person
This looks really nice. But I prefer the original art style better. I'm not a fan of this chibi style. But it will probably grow on me. It reminds me a bit of links awakening on the switch. Definitely looking forward to it's release but don't think i'll be buying it.

Reactions: Mizunil
I mean it's still viable to play the old games and have the same experience. You can still trade on the GTS and have a Wifi connected Battle Tower, and Battle with friends online. Union Room/Underground stuff was all local play and because of Covid that might be a Wifi thing too. The problem with the game was TMs were temporary and in limited supply, there was no real way to get good IVs unless you know how to manipulate the game and breed with good IV Pokemon which could be a chore. Roaming Legends I never bothered to use because of the sheer amount of improbability. The HP bar was pretty slow when counting down. The best part was the options you had to strategize against the Gym Leaders and stronger trainers.

I hope this has nothing to do with the Arceus game other than cross play. It's obviously gonna be compatible with Home but with SwSh I'm not sure but most likely without Dynamax. The best parts was the internal clock that would never run out of battery and in general the meta got more interesting. Not gonna get it because I already have Diamond for DS and Pokemon Battle Revolution is a 3D game so no need for slightly better graphics and having to pay for online.

Reactions: Duffy and Deepak
Yesss! I loved Diamond Pearl and Platinum! But what is with this art style? Interesting to say the least. The character models... kinda weird me out. Besides that it looks like Link's Awakening's Remake, and not in a bad way.
Another random note: This is the first main series game not developed by game freak. I kinda like that, I'm excited to see what they do. Overall I'm cautiously optimistic.

Thank god it's not Let's go...

Reactions: Mizunil and Deepak
Yesss! I loved Diamond Pearl and Platinum! But what is with this art style? Interesting to say the least. The character models... kinda weird me out.
Yeah I'm trying to get used to it, but honestly I prefer the original style (or any pixel-type style).

I wonder how much of a true port it'll be, will they add content or remove it? The trailer also seems like it doesn't have any gen 4+ Pokémon, so maybe they won't add the new Pokémon? Of course this is cool and people who've never played the games would enjoy this. But I also feel like its just a people-pleaser game in order to get something out this year, while they prepare for their big focus, the Arceus project.

Reactions: Duffy and Deepak
Gen 4 also introduced the Physical/Special Split

So for a long, long, looooong time I was firmly opposed to DPP remakes because that game had the most nostalgia to me. I didn't think we needed one; I was thrilled with RSE remakes because that one was one of my favorites, but I also had heard that was something/some reason why GBC games were remade and people had thought there'd be no RSE remakes because of something with GBA games? I don't remember anymore. So I had hoped that they would never remake DPP...

That said, I'm thrilled they kept the style, and I'm interested to see how it turns out. I'll definitely be getting it, I think. Eh, it feels weird to say that lol...

My husband said that he hopes to see B/W remakes someday... Eugh lol... The younger the games are, the weirder a remake seems in my head... It's even a little weird that they would remake DPP... Demand was high though, weirdly. People complain so much about the games or the remakes and yet they're so excited for this, and asked for it o_O I am the odd one out in saying can we pllleeease get a Let's Go Johto? lol

Reactions: Mizunil
I'm not looking forward to it. The chibi overworld art style with Let's Go battle animations looks off to me, and not very different from the original games. I'll only care about it if they add new content and keep the Battle Frontier island (from Platinum). At least it's not developed by GameFreak :p

it is intreging that they approach the designs somewhat diffrently everybother release or so , between system changes.
it is nice art style and has cuteness , so it looks like a charming experience.
while it may not be a mindblowing remake like all the hype for it that has been building since 2017 , it still looks like it will be fun to play.
would like to see battle frontier in this game so can get to see more lady caitlin in battle castle before the black and white remakes/black and white 3 comes out on switch or the next nintendo system.

Back