Skarmory the best Defense Wall

• Thread starter MMMs
  • Start date
MMMs

MMMs

After 2 years, I'm Back!
Towns Folk
Well Hi I'm MMMs and this is my first post in competitive battling in Poke'mon XY

Today, I'll be talking about my Favorite Pokemon since my GSC days, Skarmory!

Most competitive pokemon trainers know a lot of this Metal Bird
*Has amazing Defense Bulk and High HP
*Can wall against a lot of Physical attacks
*Has RECOVERY
*Has access to Hazards
*Has Excellent Typing Steel/Flying

Next I'll be Talking about the Sets

Shuffler

Impish HP252 Def 252 Speed 4
Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
Roar/Whirlwind
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Roost

This set uses Skarmory's awesome utility moves to shuffle your opponent's pokemons into your pokemon's hazards. Skarmory has reliable bulk that can take hits and has roost for recovery. Roost, if you didn't know, ditches Skarmory's Flying type on the duration of the turn when Roost is used. *Be catious of Taunt users*

Basic Skarmory

Impish HP252 Def 252 Speed/Atk4
Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
Roar/Whirlwind
Stealth Rock/Spikes
Roost
Brave Bird

Skarmory's Flagship set. Uses Skarmory's awesome bulk to fend off Physicals and sets hazards upon predicting Skarmory to have enough HP to use Roost. It can also shuffle pokes that boosts stats to thinking they can set when Skarmory is present.

Stall

Impish HP 252 SpDef252 Def 4
Toxic
Protect
Roost
Substitute

Using the SubToxic core, Skarmory can Poison them to fainting. Though not a common set but very effective on other walls that doesn't rely on rest for recovery. Be cautious though when fighting teams with Steel or Poison types since as we all know, they resist Poison status.

Well thats all for today, see ya next time guys :D
Feedbacks are pretty much appreciated :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc
You forgot a very important move. Defog. You don't have to make it offensive because it's better at annoying with entry hazards, getting rid of them, and switching in opponent Pokemon (but it does need to heal). I will be aware of a Toxic set from you from now on.
Well thats all for today, see ya next time guys :D
Can't wait for more.
Btw: If it weren't for typing, Furfrou would be the best defensive wall, or Aggron, or something.

I have always used Skarmory as a defensive sweeper. I agree that Skarmory has a lot of bulk, but when it comes to specials like fire, Skarmory gets wrecked pretty easily. I usually use a Skarmory with Brave Bird, and to be a real troll, I keep roost for recovery. For the entry hazards, I hardly ever use them though.

@AliHammad Skarmory in most teams are paired up with Blissey. Blissey Handles anything Special Attack and Skarmory handles anything Physical. So they work in conjunction with each other switching with one another depending on the situation.

@Artisan I completely Forgot about defog :D tnx for reminding me :) But sadly, after gen 4 Skarmory can't learn Defog thorugh egg moves unless I think you have to go back all the way to Gen 4 to make it learn Defog :( And I think the best Defog user is Mandibuzz cuz of her amazing defense spread and can tank/stall but it's prone to Set ups unless it runs SwagPlay but we all know that SwagPlay is annoying :/

Reactions: 532
You forgot a very important move. Defog. You don't have to make it offensive because it's better at annoying with entry hazards, getting rid of them, and switching in opponent Pokemon (but it does need to heal).
Taunt shuts you down though. I never really liked the idea of Stealth Rocks + Defog on the same Pokemon. I like keeping Brave Bird there as an attack move and it also takes care of M-Venusaur, so that's a plus.
Shuffler

Impish HP252 Def 252 Speed/Atk 4
Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
Roar/Whirlwind
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Roost

This set uses Skarmory's awesome utility moves to shuffle your opponent's pokemons into your pokemon's hazards. Skarmory has reliable bulk that can take hits and has roost for recovery. Roost, if you didn't know, ditches Skarmory's Flying type on the duration of the turn when Roost is used.
It doesn't need ATK EVs since it doesn't have an attack move. I also dislike Spikes because it takes too long to place and can easily be removed because of rapid spin.

As for the Toxic Skarmory, I've never used it before. I prefer the hazard BB Skarmory, :oops:

forgot about the shuffler set XD I was supposed to write the Basic set first before shuffler and completely forgot about it lol. Gonna edit that right away. btw tnx Marc :D

Back