Skyward Sword Coming to Switch

• Thread starter Mizunil
  • Start date
Mizunil

Mizunil

Born at a young age
Towns Folk
Skyward Sword is coming to Switch on July 16 2022!

The games controls look pretty cool, you'd use the Nunchuck and Wii Motes motion controls to utilize the sword and shield, so naturally these motion controls have been transferred to each of the Joy-Cons. But they have also added new button controls in case you want to play without motion controllers, or you have a Switch Lite.

In addition to this, Master Sword and Shield themed Joy-Cons will be coming out.

The game is essentially a port with more HD graphics -

I've never played this so I might look at getting it, but the official Zelda Anniversary is coming soon so we might get even more content. What are your thoughts, will you be getting this game?

Reactions: Dark Link and Jisenku
I expected this to be included in a compilation, but I guess they feel it deserves a full retail price by itself. It doesn’t really look like they did much with the graphics, which is unfortunate.

All the same, this is the only main LoZ game I’ve never played, and learning about the origins of the Master Sword seems interesting, so I’m excited for it. Glad to see there’s some options for how to execute attacks too.

I’m still cool with my New Horizons joycons though, as cool as those Zelda ones look.

Reactions: Mizunil
I mean I do have the privilege to play the Wii version no problem so second hand Discs would be the better option. There is a portable screen accessory for the Wii but odds are I'll be at home if I want to play it anyways so no big deal. Now all we need is Link's Crossbow Training remade. I mean that's a good idea unless we get a Wii Sports Resort port instead (because it has Archery in it and also uses motion controls). Might skip but good to have the option. Button controls sound okay but still might have problems, mostly with sword swinging. I wonder if the Joy Cons will have a special graphic in the software other than what you can do with the Joy Con Toolkit. Might skip and save for Splatoon 3 tbh myself.

Reactions: Mizunil
I was hoping for a compilation, looks like that might not happen now. I've never played skyward sword but I'm excited to as it looks kinda good. I know the game is divisive so I hope I look it. I'd rather have a collection but this isn't horrible either.

I really hope Nintendo has more things planned for zelda’s anniversary. But this game looks pretty neat. Zelda’s face looks weird lol. And I legit laughed when ghirahim did that tongue thing in the trailer.
It looks like it’s gonna be a bit inconvenient to use for switch lite users. Angled sword strikes look hard with the R stick. But i’m glad we got some zelda game at least.

Back