Skyward Sword HD?

• Thread starter PalD2
  • Start date
PalD2

PalD2

Just some guy on the interwebs
Towns Folk
I've been thinking about this for the past few months, but now that I have a switch, I want my idea to become a reality.

The switch would be the perfect platform for an HD remake of Skyward Sword, considering how the joycons allow for motion controls in addition to their far superior tracking in comparison to wiimotes. Every other 3d Zelda title has gotten a remake in recent years, (holy cow, ocarina of Time 3d came out 3 months before skyward sword), so why shouldn't skyward sword. I understand that the game is only 6 years old (in comparison to 10 years), but the Wii's visuals are making the game look extremely dated.

I was a strong supporter of project moonfall since 2013, (I somehow still need to get Majora's mask 3d), and maybe it's time for project skyfall, (I just came up with that name right now).

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
I guess they'll have to know the demand for such games. Remakes are quite easy to do compared to making a complete game.

I assume they'll have to add amiibo support, better motion controls, extra content and stuff like that to entice those who have yet to play the game as well as those who already played Skyward Sword.

Pretty sure they won't do it. Skyward Sword was available on the previous two consoles. Not in a HD version, but still. Why would they make a full remake of a game people can already play on their old console? Not worth the hassle.

Pretty sure they won't do it. Skyward Sword was available on the previous two consoles. Not in a HD version, but still. Why would they make a full remake of a game people can already play on their old console? Not worth the hassle.

Somebody should speak to Nintendo about any of the remasters/remakes they've done for Zelda recently then. Plus I don't think Wii U counts really. "Playable" yes, but not available as a Wii U title. Personally I would welcome such a remake/remaster since at least the Switch controls utilise internal batteries and more options than just the Joy-cons.

I think the idea of having a skyward sword hd is not so crazy! I mean, let´s take a momento to think about the many versions of twilight princess, they are like 3 in total, the gamecube, the wii and the wii u versión. I just hope they are not bringing the same one to the switch this time. Taking into accound skyward sword, I think that would be a terrific addition to the switch´s catalog.

Somebody should speak to Nintendo about any of the remasters/remakes they've done for Zelda recently then. Plus I don't think Wii U counts really. "Playable" yes, but not available as a Wii U title. Personally I would welcome such a remake/remaster since at least the Switch controls utilise internal batteries and more options than just the Joy-cons.
Note, I was not giving my opinion :p
And lol, it's true that WW was playable on the GC and Wii (if it had GC ports) and they still made an HD version of it on the Wii U...

I think that you will eventually see demand for such a game increase, but for now, I don't see such a game in the near future. Both of the previous Zelda HD remakes were fantastic, and I don;t think this will be any different, but it could take much longer to port as Wiimote to JoyCon porting isn't exactly as straightforward as it may seem...

This aged well

Reactions: Big Yoshi, Mizunil and Duffy
Haha it's finally happening! We are getting this game and maybe more zelda games soon? My prediction is after Skyward Sword HD launches we learn they are also bringing over Twilight Princess HD, and Wind Waker HD, and then they tell us that BOTW will get it's own presentation/information session where they tell us that it's launching in 2022.

Back