Skyward Sword Prequel Speculation

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date
ShinyLatios

ShinyLatios

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
As the name implies, this thread is to discuss speculation generated from Skyward Sword and how it could imply a lot about a prequel.

For those that don't know, Skyward Sword was made to be the "origin story" of sorts for the franchise and it takes place at the very beginning of the timeline. However, even then it makes many references to past events.

For example, when Link receives the sailcloth at the beginning of the game, Zelda says "You know, they say that the goddess gave the Sailcloth to her chosen hero long ago. Of course, the one you're holding isn't the same one." This indicates the existence of another sailcloth with an earlier Link.

Furthermore, theory involving final boss and uber spoilers for both this game and ALBW in spoiler tag below
Demise wield Ghirahim, who's actually a sword, and the sword has an invert Triforce design on it. Some speculate that Demise came from Lorule because of this and the fact that he and his forces erupted from a fissure in the ground a long time ago. Since the path to Lorule wasn't closed until the events of ALBW, isn't it possible for Lorule to make an appearance in a game that takes place earlier in the timeline?

It's very apparent that Skyward Sword makes connections to many games, old and new. Any other references in the game that you can think of? What do you think the viability is of a Skyward Sword prequel and what do you think it'd be like?

Hmm. I agree that Skyward Sword does make connections to old and new games, However i do not see any potential in a prequel of Skyward sword. Mainly because this is already at the very beginning of the Zelda timeline
and also because of the difficulties there might be designing the older enemies, Older Link and also mainly the world. IMO, it might be like the Hylian Goddess sends link to save princess Zelda, after the end Link travels through time to the time period of Skyward Sword. Just a prediction, a minor one.

Reactions: Bugalet
Hmm. I agree that Skyward Sword does make connections to old and new games, However i do not see any potential in a prequel of Skyward sword. Mainly because this is already at the very beginning of the Zelda timeline
and also because of the difficulties there might be designing the older enemies, Older Link and also mainly the world. IMO, it might be like the Hylian Goddess sends link to save princess Zelda, after the end Link travels through time to the time period of Skyward Sword. Just a prediction, a minor one.
Actually, it's not really that hard given that the Zelda timeline is ever expanding (let's keep in mind that Four Swords was supposed to be the beginning of the timeline when it was first made). There's also the Skyward Sword manga that reveals some of the stuff that happens well before the events of Skyward Sword (and it hasn't been proven to be non-canon yet). Just some food for thought

Actually, it's not really that hard given that the Zelda timeline is ever expanding (let's keep in mind that Four Swords was supposed to be the beginning of the timeline when it was first made). There's also the Skyward Sword manga that reveals some of the stuff that happens well before the events of Skyward Sword (and it hasn't been proven to be non-canon yet). Just some food for thought
I have not read the manga but I would like to give it a try. I never knew that Four Swords was meant to be at the beginning of the timeline :eek:

I have not read the manga but I would like to give it a try. I never knew that Four Swords was meant to be at the beginning of the timeline :eek:
Yeah, if you head on over to Zelda wiki, I believe it says somewhere on there that Four Swords was intended to be the first in the timeline when it was released. Also, you can check out the Skyward Sword manga in Hyrule Historia. It actually connects well with the Skyward Sword and I could see it being made into a game some day

Yeah exactly. What we've got to realize is that compared to some of the other videogame companies, Nintendo is consumer friendly and many times will take into account what their consumers are thinking.
You do see it being a game? I see you becoming a Zelda developer haha
By the way, They could make a manga/Anime series that would show how the goddess sword was given to the chosen Hero; aka Link.

You do see it being a game? I see you becoming a Zelda developer haha
By the way, They could make a manga/Anime series that would show how the goddess sword was given to the chosen Hero; aka Link.
Zelda developer? Nah, I wouldn't go that far lol
Also, I'm not sure a manga/anime series is such a good idea as a whole because the way Link is characterized should, for the most part, be left up to the individual. There are some mangas that have been made for various parts of the franchise, but those are considered non-canon.

And in any case, I think the upcoming Hyrule Warriors could very well be the Skyward Sword prequel I'm talking about.

Zelda developer? Nah, I wouldn't go that far lol
Also, I'm not sure a manga/anime series is such a good idea as a whole because the way Link is characterized should, for the most part, be left up to the individual. There are some mangas that have been made for various parts of the franchise, but those are considered non-canon.

And in any case, I think the upcoming Hyrule Warriors could very well be the Skyward Sword prequel I'm talking about.
Haha no developer? Okay. I think that Hyrule Warriors might not be the best possibility, (best) because the swords and items you have seen right now in the trailer aren't anything like Hylian Swords, they look like the Ordon Sword Wolf Link stole from Rusl's house on TP.

Haha no developer? Okay. I think that Hyrule Warriors might not be the best possibility, (best) because the swords and items you have seen right now in the trailer aren't anything like Hylian Swords, they look like the Ordon Sword Wolf Link stole from Rusl's house on TP.
That's probably just because they were using the images of older objects in the series to put the thing into production. I mean, I doubt the final product will use the Ocarina of Time Dodongos and Skyward Sword Bokoblins. Those are just placeholders for what they'll actually put in there. All that said though, given the whole premise of it being a game that involves attacking a lot of enemies with powerful moves and all, I could easily see it being the war that takes place during the "Era of Chaos"

@naagza nice Idea. That's right, that is a really good placeholder for a game

If they were going to make a prequel to Skyward Sword, then they'd have to sneak in a guy named Link somewhere. Possibly they could have Link be working with the original Hylia trying to seal the surface from Skyloft? Or is that just milking it too much?

Reactions: 3dsatackman
If they were going to make a prequel to Skyward Sword, then they'd have to sneak in a guy named Link somewhere.
Technically that doesn't even matter given that Link is just the default name for the character that provides the link to the Zelda world and real life for the player, but I digress......

And that's exactly the kind of story I'm suggesting. They did it with the manga, so they could easily do it with this...plus, we'd be able to see more development with some creatures that existed back then (like those Ancient Robots). The Lanayru region would look a lot different for sure given that it was a grassy area back then

Technically that doesn't even matter given that Link is just the default name for the character that provides the link to the Zelda world and real life for the player, but I digress......

And that's exactly the kind of story I'm suggesting. They did it with the manga, so they could easily do it with this...plus, we'd be able to see more development with some creatures that existed back then (like those Ancient Robots). The Lanayru region would look a lot different for sure given that it was a grassy area back then
I guess it could work. However, I think a sequel/prequel of twilight princess would make the most sense.

I guess it could work. However, I think a sequel/prequel of twilight princess would make the most sense.
Hypothetically they could create a new game anywhere in the timeline. If you feel strongly about the possibility of a prequel/sequel for Twilight Princess, I recommend making a thread for it.

We are getting a squeal in Hyrule Warriors. In the trailer have see link wearing a scarf, only seen in the skyward sword prequal manga. And in the trailer link ISN'T using the master sword. Only reason not to use his iconc blade in his debut trailer is if it doesn't exist timeline wise.

We are getting a squeal in Hyrule Warriors. In the trailer have see link wearing a scarf, only seen in the skyward sword prequal manga. And in the trailer link ISN'T using the master sword. Only reason not to use his iconc blade in his debut trailer is if it doesn't exist timeline wise.
I could've sworn that he was holding the Master Sword at some point in the trailer....I'm pretty sure it's when he uses the great spin, but I could be wrong.

I could've sworn that he was holding the Master Sword at some point in the trailer....I'm pretty sure it's when he uses the great spin, but I could be wrong.
He is holding the master sword guys. But keep in mind that they just used a bunch of old models for this and we may not even see that sword design in the final thing. That said, the point about the cape is a legitimate point that I was also thinking, so Hyrule Warriors being said prequel is definitely a possibility

Reactions: Bugalet

I'm pretty sure they stated that Hyrule Warriors was non Canon and it's just a Spin-Off, considering that, It doesnt fit in the timeline for being a Spin-Off.

About a prequel, I read a comic at the end of Hyrule Historia
It features the very first link, and the story of how Skyloft was born, if there was to be a prequel, it should be that story

PS: Sorry if the spoiler thingy didn't show, I'm new here

Back