[Sm4sh] Is "stalling" a match allowed?

• Thread starter LolDawn
  • Start date
LolDawn

LolDawn

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
This question applies to FG.
I'm sortof a newcomer, playing sm4sh since october. But I only just started online play a few days ago.
SO an example of stalling is grabbing the ledge over and over, (unless you're stopped by Luigi's down taunt),
or infinite "chain-grabbing" (a notourious example being Samus's grab, upthrow, upb, repeat).
Is this legal online, or will it get you kicked out of a match?

You can get banned for just standing there and doing nothing, constantly self-destructing, and target one player in a FFA constantly. There's also if you get a lot of reports. So I don't think you'll get banned for just ledgegrabbing. Although, if you're doing nothing but Samus grab-Up Throw-Up Special, you'll probably be getting a lot of reports just for being cheap.

You can get banned for just standing there and doing nothing, constantly self-destructing, and target one player in a FFA constantly. There's also if you get a lot of reports. So I don't think you'll get banned for just ledgegrabbing. Although, if you're doing nothing but Samus grab-Up Throw-Up Special, you'll probably be getting a lot of reports just for being cheap.
Right, people will get annoyed. Some people report others for being unable to win......

TECHINCALLY it's legal. That said, you will be hated, and probably get reported for being annoying

Reactions: ESP
It's legal but people will get annoyed :p I've never gotten reported in smash. How many reports does it take to get banned?

Yes, you can stall. But you can't just evade, you have to attack or else you will get disconnected for idling. I don't think people can report you for stalling.

Well if you find someone constantly grabbing the ledge once they grab it a second time you should be able to hit them with either a down smash or attack since regrabbing the ledge results in the user no longer having ledge invincibility.

Reactions: ESP
I've seen people stall before and you don't get banned for it its just annoying if your trying to have a good match with someone and they're just stalling but no it shouldn't get you banned but like some comments earlier posted, you'll probably get reported just for stalling but to get banned right away you have to do something like being idle for a certain period of time or using the same move over is also considered idling like using palutena's auto target move or targeting one player but they could also consider it as idling too if you don't hit them at all and your in that same area for the whole game i guess

Anyone can possibly stall a match in a variety of ways regardless if it's For Glory or For Fun. And it is pretty annoying for those playing seriously in FG. You might get reported but apparently people who stall can easily (or eventually) get hit or you'll find a way to punish them accordingly if they're spamming a particular move/combo

Back