Small problems with chansey farming in lets go eevee& pikachu... (motion control)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
ive been doing the chansey exp farming trick a lot in the post game by this point, but back when i faked the 2 player mode like people kept saying to do there were a number of small problems doing it this way...

jumping& no aiming indicator this is definitely the worst one. its pretty much impossible to aim your throws reliably in TV/ tabletop mode and the game does not let you aim manually at all. i tried every button and moving the sticks and it didnt work. this is especially annoying (and threatens your combo) when she decides to hope around repeatedly, forcing many wasted poke balls since we cant sit there forever. the game really needs more stable motion controls or homing throws for TV mode... ive also had it either not throw high enough, or throw too high with the EXACT same motion flick ! i dont think this was well designed at all tbh... the catching is just all over the place when not in handheld...

the jumping carnival game the reason this is a problem goes back to the very inconsistent response concerning the game's motion controls. it doesnt automatically throw towards the side of the screen every time you try to throw a poke ball, or it just dud throws and goes too high or not high enough. or high enough but straight down the middle when shes towards the side of the screen. ive never had the game behave well whenever a pokemon is off to the side and i have to flick the joy con to throw. sometimes it works great, but sometimes it doesnt... none of us want to lose our combo to anything rather unfair like this (not being careless but rather losing a catch and a very hard earned chain because of poorly designed motion controls), thats not a very pleasant thing to deal with

so for these reasons i usually catch her in handheld mode, being able to manually aim is a lot easier for me and more consistent than the game's very unpredictable motion control response. 2 player is plenty fine for battling, this is still good. its when it comes to catching or farming certain pokemon that it becomes a bit too shaky. i do realize your exp multiplier starts much higher than (technically) solo, but having this kind of waste of resources because of motion problems didnt really feel worth it to me... if they do this again hopefully theyre more reliable next time, it wasnt great in this game as much as i love the game itself

Back