Smash 3DS Miiverse Exclusive only to N3DS

• Thread starter MMMs
  • Start date
MMMs

MMMs

After 2 years, I'm Back!
Towns Folk
We knew that New Nintendo 3DS would be receiving some exclusive games that won't play on a regular 3DS (such as Xenoblade Chronicles), but it looks like it will also have some exclusive features within games that are compatible with both the old and new models.

According to NeoGAF/Twitter user Cheesemeister (a reliable translator who has covered many live Nintendo events in the past, translating news as it's announced in Japanese), Super Smash Bros. for 3DS cannot be used in tandem with Miiverse on a regular 3DS, but that feature will be available on New Nintendo 3DS models. It's unclear at this time why Nintendo made this decision. Will more games follow suit

- See more at: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/report...nless-you-have-a-new-nintendo-3d#.VBTNm1dWrg4

What do you guys think of Nintendo's decision?
Tbh making a miiverse community exclusive is kind of a rip off on Nintendo's part >.> lol

Last edited by a moderator:
They want to give people a reason to get a New 3DS. Simple enough.

It sounds more like you can't access it while in game. Out of game you could still use it, you just wouldn't be able to while currently playing it. From what I understand, the main reason is the system resources required to run smash basically steal from what would normally be used for being able to run miiverse in the background. The new models with the better hardware won't have that issue, so they can do whatever.

This is terrible, People aren't gonna buy the NEW 3DS if they own a 3DS, Miiverse exclusivity to the "New" 3DS is terrible! We don't have unlimited money you know....

What does this even mean,I don't get it.

It sounds more like you can't access it while in game. Out of game you could still use it, you just wouldn't be able to while currently playing it. From what I understand, the main reason is the system resources required to run smash basically steal from what would normally be used for being able to run miiverse in the background. The new models with the better hardware won't have that issue, so they can do whatever.

What does this even mean,I don't get it.

You're playing a demo, Thats how Miiverse works.
But supposedly, that also happens with the full game.

Lol does it even matter

But can you go onto the SSB4 Miiverse page using a computer? That would make it a little less special and no one will make a big fuss over it. It's probably useless anyway as it might be filled with spoiled kids too. Hopefully they sort spaces by playable characters. I'm not sold.

Reactions: 18 and MLGirby
Honestly the miiverse sounds slightly useless, but who knows it may turn out to be a great thing. This is just nintendos efforts to push the N3DS further, though I don't see the point if they don't release the thing with Smash

What's Miiverse, anyway* ?

Also, you can't use the web browser while playing SSB4. I know why the game has great graphics and still runs smoothly now. Because it has eaten the whole 3DS' CPU.

But still, even though I don't use Miiverse, that's once and again a bad decision from Nintendo. Why are they delaying/reporting/make some great features only available for the N3DS ? That's a pain now, because at this rate, next year, we'll get something like: "You can't power on your 3DS, because it's not a N3DS!" !

(* I know what it is, but does somebody actually uses it ? I stopped using it because idiots.)

Reactions: 18
This is a really pointless attempt to make people switch over to the New 3DS, because most people don't even use Miiverse. The only people I've ever seen using Miiverse are those who live, sleep, eat and breathe 3DS and have way too much time for their own good.

Well, this isn't gonna bother me. I hope they won't make any in-game features exclusive though :panda:

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Well, this isn't gonna bother me. I hope they won't make any in-game features exclusive though :panda:
Like no compatibility for the Circle Pad Pro, but compatibility for the smallest "analog stick" on Earth ? They already went this far. But it's not really a problem, the controls are easy to get used to anyway.

Reactions: 18
Like no compatibility for the Circle Pad Pro, but compatibility for the smallest "analog stick" on Earth ? They already went this far. But it's not really a problem, the controls are easy to get used to anyway.
Oh, yeah, I'd forgotten about that.

Well, then, I hope they won't make any more in-game features exclusive.

Oh please let there be no other exclusiveness. I might have nightmares about bonus N3DS characters now.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
With Amiibo compatible with the N3DS, it can use the Amiibo for DLCs or for other compatible games lol I think Nintendo is really pushing us to buy the New 3DS and maybe dumping the older model if most of the gamers are using the New one instead. Pretty much like the DSi but tbh DS lite is more popular >.>

That is quite a stupid thing for Nintendo to do I would say. So until 2015 NA and EU players won't be able to use the miiverse feature which is a loss for Nintendo of customers. I'm most likely getting a Japanese N3DS when it comes out and a Japanese version of ssb4. Wish I could get both the NA version and the JP version... Might have a chance to own both if I win @Erixsan contest ;) because my Lil bro has a NA 3DS so he would have to play on my N3DS :/

Back