SSB for 3DS Smash 3ds: smash run tactics?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
I honestly cheesed pretty much every mode on wii u except smash tour (for obvious reasons) and cruel smash (also nasty on 3ds. Only thing i can suggest here is to spam the counter attack with corrin or palutena, extremely aggressive CPUs that seem worse than lv 9's. Might just be the hording but then again maybe not, could be a hidden value of lv 9+ here meaning even greater than can be physically set in a normal battle). But on 3ds besides the obvious cruel smash struggle where it literally seems like we have to resort to spamming just to survive, im not sure of a possible way to cheese smash run. Its glaringly obvious that unless youre good enough with almost every character that smash tour is pure RNG and pretty much impossible to cheese due to how the mode functions (wii u only though).

Sure, a corrin person like me or someone good at mega man can probably just spam stuff on the mobs, but when you get a crowd control problem this isnt as easy unlike when theres less of them (one large mob is easier than a hundred thousand small people everywhere constantly interfering for instance). Some of you might know about the notorious bat spamming-stun lock tactic that some people on youtube used for classic farming and crazy orders (on wii u) but im going to guess this doesnt really help in the 3ds version smash run. I have a lot of different custom perks and i generally go with corrin or bayonetta (just got corrin but i used her a lot in ultimate so im pretty familiar with her moves), but im not sure what to tackle this mode with besides auto heal and hyper smash attacks. Yeah, food boost perks arent bad either but im not sure how reliable theyd be due to the RNG of this mode (and dont remember all the ones i have either). Not sure what the best powers spread would be either, but do these reset if you die? If so that might be helpful for getting as much loot as possible since thats what im mostly after.

Any advice, please ignore any tactics related to the "final battle", im asking more how to effectively deal with a problematic cluster since 98% of my deaths are a result of what i like to call hording.

You still play Smash Run? Yeah it's my go to for getting Amiibo perks but I ended up with way too many not knowing certain customs can't be unlocked through that mode leading me to have overstock and a lot of boring sorting trying to get the best "+ to -" ratio. What I do is pick customs to match the way I play my character but I never really deal with additional effects. I'd prioritize speed and attack or attack and defense. Always be moving. I tend to use a lot of aerials and specials. For powers, I never really use them either but if you are in a jam then use them. The spinning blade one is very handy. Take out all the enemies as fast as you can. Know your limits. Never face a Clubberskull unless you have a plan and are in a position where you can deal a lot of damage. Know the attack patterns and weaknesses. It's okay to horde if you are on a roll because the sooner you get the stat boosts the better you get.

Reactions: Deepak
Back