SSB for Wii U SMASH 4 PORT FOR NX

• Thread starter jcsupastar
  • Start date
jcsupastar

jcsupastar

Hands off my BREAD!!!!
Towns Folk
so ive been seeing alot and reading alot of the possibilities that nintendo could port smash 4 for wii u to nx so i need some discussion on this and what do you guys think or what should happen etc.?!

It's not going to be a port it's going to be a completely new game

CALM THE CAPS MAN! I mean, you made me whip my head around to see if this was true, so can you PLEASE not go all caps, because i bet everyone who read it thought it was confirmed. But really, why would you make a port of SSB4?! I mean, fans will partically start a riot, it was expenisve enough to get all the DLC, and if you had both versions then you were pretty skrewed, so a 3rd version would make most flip over the idea because there would probubly be some add on that made it better and you had to choose between settling or getting it, either way you will not be satisfied. It will be a new game.

CALM THE CAPS MAN! I mean, you made me whip my head around to see if this was true, so can you PLEASE not go all caps, because i bet everyone who read it thought it was confirmed. But really, why would you make a port of SSB4?! I mean, fans will partically start a riot, it was expenisve enough to get all the DLC, and if you had both versions then you were pretty skrewed, so a 3rd version would make most flip over the idea because there would probubly be some add on that made it better and you had to choose between settling or getting it, either way you will not be satisfied. It will be a new game.
Hopefully it's a port but they will allow us to transfer all the dlc over or something like that.
An new installment is way too soon. The pressure Sakurai had with previous versions was already tremendous so it's not going to be a new installment just yet. Maybe an improved version or some new game modes.

Reactions: BlazingPhoenix and Slayerpon Tatsu
You do realize a port already has the features right? It would be the same price or a bit more just with everything loaded on to it

An new installment is way too soon. The pressure Sakurai had with previous versions was already tremendous so it's not going to be a new installment just yet
Hate to ruin everyones wonderful day, but there will not be a Smash 5. Sakurai runs on the logic that it's best to let something go then run it so it is no longer a fun game and looks more like a cash grab. Look at CoD. All my friends say the game is no longer as fun because of the massive amounts of DLC. This man will do anything to make sure this doesn't happen to the Super Smash Bros franchise. The first example I can think of when I think of another incredibly successful game creator is Scott Cawthon (FNaF) and he and Sakurai both wanted to end their 4 game franchise at game number 2. Fans demanded more, and they both answered. I think Sakurai needs to get more credit for what he's done.

Hate to ruin everyones wonderful day, but there will not be a Smash 5. Sakurai runs on the logic that it's best to let something go then run it so it is no longer a fun game and looks more like a cash grab. Look at CoD. All my friends say the game is no longer as fun because of the massive amounts of DLC. This man will do anything to make sure this doesn't happen to the Super Smash Bros franchise. The first example I can think of when I think of another incredibly successful game creator is Scott Cawthon (FNaF) and he and Sakurai both wanted to end their 4 game franchise at game number 2. Fans demanded more, and they both answered. I think Sakurai needs to get more credit for what he's done.
Hate to ruin your ruining but this statement is false. Sakurai never said there will not be a smash 5, he said HE wouldn't develop it. Nintendo already said there would be a smash title at NX launch, and they simply only have to copy sakurai's formula :p

Hate to ruin your ruining but this statement is false. Sakurai never said there will not be a smash 5, he said HE wouldn't develop it. Nintendo already said there would be a smash title at NX launch, and they simply only have to copy sakurai's formula :p
Hate to sound like a stubborn jerk but no body could EVER make a SSB game that could hold a candle to Sakurai.

Hate to sound like a stubborn jerk but no body could EVER make a SSB game that could hold a candle to Sakurai.
Except for one, Sakurai didn't do it alone and his whole team never said they would follow him.
Two: Other companies and developer's helped in the making of smash 4. Giving all the credit to only one person and failing to recognize the others involved is a fatal mistake.
Three: no one ever? Well let's take a look at super smash bros crusade and super smash flash 2

You do realize a port already has the features right? It would be the same price or a bit more just with everything loaded on to it
Hey, they said the NX will not replace the wiiu or 3ds, meaning if there is a port it will most likely require separate dlc purchases, besides what are the odds of free DLC for a port?

Hey, they said the NX will not replace the wiiu or 3ds, meaning if there is a port it will most likely require separate dlc purchases, besides what are the odds of free DLC for a port?
No it wouldn't. Just like how they did a port of FF7 from PS1 to PS3. They would simply just get rid of the DLC and make the characters and stages from doc already on it along with all the Mii costumes

No it wouldn't. Just like how they did a port of FF7 from PS1 to PS3. They would simply just get rid of the DLC and make the characters and stages from doc already on it along with all the Mii costumes
Wait the original final fantasy 7 had dlc?! I am sorry I am so confused over this, but on a separate note, I would not buy the game because I refuse to pay for another smash 4 after the $120+ dollars I spent (game, GameCube adapter/controller, all dlc characters minus bayo, Mario maker stage)

Wait the original final fantasy 7 had dlc?! I am sorry I am so confused over this, but on a separate note, I would not buy the game because I refuse to pay for another smash 4 after the $120+ dollars I spent (game, GameCube adapter/controller, all dlc characters minus bayo, Mario maker stage)
That's your fault for buying that all. No one is forcing you to buy it but people would still buy it :p

That's your fault for buying that all. No one is forcing you to buy it but people would still buy it :p
Youre right, it is MY fault for thinking a game that does not deserve a port does not deserve a port from a financial standpoint. The overall point is the amount of money certain people put into this game is heartbreakingly high, and releasing a port with all the DLC for free is a slap in the face to fans who bought everything seperatly (imagine buying a book for $18 and the next day it is on sale for $3) and there would be a problem with a game that does not need a port being chosen over a new game. Personally, I want to slap the namco employee that said there would be a smash release game, because I want to enjoy smash 4 for years to come, not waiting for yet another game right away.

Youre right, it is MY fault for thinking a game that does not deserve a port does not deserve a port from a financial standpoint. The overall point is the amount of money certain people put into this game is heartbreakingly high, and releasing a port with all the DLC for free is a slap in the face to fans who bought everything seperatly (imagine buying a book for $18 and the next day it is on sale for $3) and there would be a problem with a game that does not need a port being chosen over a new game. Personally, I want to slap the namco employee that said there would be a smash release game, because I want to enjoy smash 4 for years to come, not waiting for yet another game right away.
Keep in mind, the NX wasn't even an idea when smash DLC was a thing which makes a lot of that argument invalid. Also, many companies have included the dlc for a better price later than originally published. Also, ever heard of being patient? That's why they have bundles and everything so you can save up money and not rush it. Which Is why smash has the all in one bundle :p along with everything else. And your example about books happens more than you think. It's simple marketing strategies.

so ive been seeing alot and reading alot of the possibilities that nintendo could port smash 4 for wii u to nx so i need some discussion on this and what do you guys think or what should happen etc.?!
nintendo might port ssb4 is very unrealistic they might just make a new super smash bros.

Back