SSBB Smash brawl: boss rush mode intense difficulty carnage

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
this is by far one of the worst things ive seen someone try to do in a game. the boss rush mode is completely broken on intense; the bosses do way too much damage (death in around 2 to a max of 4 hits making dodge fails very deadly), have a crapton of health and whats worse is you keep your damage for the whole entire thing and one death makes the entire round invalid... also, you cant use the coin the continue either... so death once means start over completely. this is so horribly broken and tedious its not even funny

Had a friend who tried using other characters for this challenge and no matter how much they switched it either ended too quickly from failed dodges or would drag to the point of it becoming a snoozefest. and the co op doesnt count for the achievement mark so thats not an option here unfortunately.

looked it up for them as well and still roughly the same problems. getting a faked troll answer in several places claiming "just use golden hammers" obviously doesnt help, idk why some people thought others would believe this... but is there any easily executed spam technique that would work for this? i honestly dont see any other strategy here since the bosses are too OP on intense and normally effective combos are pretty much useless in these situations

havent even reached tabuu yet.... imagine finally reaching him after a billion deaths just to fail the instant kill evade when he bolts his wings... he definitely wont be done for real if that happens later...

Reactions: phofufury
Not sure if this will be much help but:
Try using ness or lucas. Some bosses use energy based projectiles and you can absorb those to heal. If you failed to dodge some attacks, you sort of depend on those projectiles to heal, so get to 0% again before defeating the boss. Im not sure which boses exactly have energy based projectiles. This really helped me in smash ultimate to defeat galeem (when i first got ultimate and i sucked at the game).

Reactions: phofufury and Kadaj
Not sure if this will be much help but:
Try using ness or lucas. Some bosses use energy based projectiles and you can absorb those to heal. If you failed to dodge some attacks, you sort of depend on those projectiles to heal, so get to 0% again before defeating the boss. Im not sure which boses exactly have energy based projectiles. This really helped me in smash ultimate to defeat galeem (when i first got ultimate and i sucked at the game).
well i'll tell him this next time he decides to attempt it, the biggest problem though is neither of us have even moderate skill with ness or lucas which might cause very premature deaths, but maybe he'll be able to play someone i just cant since most of us can play some people better than others in these games. normally i wouldve told him to try zelda but shes a bit weaker in brawl unfortunately as her down special auto converts her to shiek (who i suck at unfortunately) and there doesnt seem to be a way to undo this outside of battle in brawl.

so heres what we both tried so far... we tried donkey kong and his damage is actually decent against hard mode bosses, and then spamming lasers with fox which was relatively safe but obviously not full proof and this was also a bit of a snoozefest method (honestly the whole mode probably is on intense though...). he got the farthest with donkey kong but still had yet to pass random boss #5 and when he got to boss #6 after hours of dying with different people he didnt have time to keep going sadly

but with that out of the way i'll tell my friend what you suggested here and hopefully that helps

Reactions: Deepak
I only use Ness or Lucas in brawl and they're not much different than they are in Ultimate especially Lucas is almost the same as brawl. With Ness or Lucas you can absorb some of the bosses magic attacks with PSI Magnet or you can reflect it back at the boss with a smash attack at the right moment which can be done with any projectile. Not only that but Ness is broken in brawl with PK Thunder if you hit it into Ness like you normally would with his air recovery you will do a decent bit of damage, even more with PK Pop (or Flash). As for Tabuu's rings it is possible to dodge the attack you just have to dodge at the right moment 3 different times however it is a little difficult to do.

I only use Ness or Lucas in brawl and they're not much different than they are in Ultimate especially Lucas is almost the same as brawl. With Ness or Lucas you can absorb some of the bosses magic attacks with PSI Magnet or you can reflect it back at the boss with a smash attack at the right moment which can be done with any projectile. Not only that but Ness is broken in brawl with PK Thunder if you hit it into Ness like you normally would with his air recovery you will do a decent bit of damage, even more with PK Pop (or Flash). As for Tabuu's rings it is possible to dodge the attack you just have to dodge at the right moment 3 different times however it is a little difficult to do.
only issue here would be recovering with them... i cannot for the life of garbage control pk thunder trying to get back on the map and neither can he... This was why neither of us ever pick these two. i can see the other specials and smash attacks working, but pk thunder just makes repeated suicide for us if we get knocked off the map (the aiming seems horribly shaky... also why i probably wont be able to main them sadly).

so either he figures out how to control it, or we'll be playing pass the apple on the wii here hoping for a no-hit run (A LOT of luck here obviously... less hits eventually happens for me but no damage is close to a myth for both me and him here)

Reactions: phofufury
Back