Smash guide to picking a main

• Thread starter savorylion
  • Start date
S

savorylion

friend to casual and hardcore gamers
Towns Folk
You might be asking yourself "how in the world am i gonna pick an ssb4 main?" Well you're in luck, (this guide works both for 3ds and wii u) first try playing a character you know from a nintendo game you enjoy. So you haven't played any nintendo games, or you dont like the character maybe because of their moveset or their too fast or too slow, whatever the reason it's not the end of the world. Another solution is to select random and when you find someone you might like go to training in the games and more section, and first try out his grabs first try to find good matchups (characters your main is good against) . Also try some stages that will help your main dramatically, for example, duck hunt is good with stages that are big so he can be spaced from his opponent and he can use stage control. He sometimes is also good with stages like battlefield, town and city, etc. depending on the players play style. Which reminds me, you also want a character that compliments your play style. Like shieks f-air (forward air) helps me space and i also love ariels so it work perfectly. Good luck finding a main and i hope ive helped you;) and don't listen to people hating if you are using a popular character like diddy kong you are comfortable with that character and that is all that matters:)

Back