• Thread starter Vii
  • Start date

Do you like the new tier changes?

• Total voters
Vii

Vii

(*⁰▿⁰*)/
Towns Folk
If you haven't already heard.. Smogon has been suspect testing some Pokemon. e.e

Some Pokemon have moved up a tier and others have moved down.

The Annoncement

The gist of it:
Tornadus-Therian moved from BL to OU
Scrafty moved from UU to RU
Gallade moved from OU to UU
Kingdra moved from UU to RU
Mandibuzz moved from OU to UU
Flygon moved from UU to RU
Alakazam moved from UU to OU
Haunter moved from PU to NU
Heliolisk moved from RU to UU
Dragalge moved from BL2 to UU
Mamoswine moved from OU to UU
Hippowdon moved from UU to OU
Fletchinder moved from RU to NU
Sigilyph moved from BL3 to RU
Slurpuff moved from RU to UU
Camerupt moved from NU to RU
Magneton moved from RU to NU
Abomasnow moved from RU to UU
Doublade moved from RU to UU
Cresselia moved from RU to UU
Slowking moved from RU to UU
Noivern moved from UU to RU
Tauros moved from BL4 to NU
Kabutops moved from RU to NU
Seismitoad moved from NU to RU
Prinplup moved from PU to NU
Whimsicott moved from RU to UU
Pinsir moved from RU to NU

I'm mad that Hippowdon got moved up to OU because I have a UU team with it and it works fantastic.. But I guess that'll have to change.. Abomasnow was unexpected, how many weaknesses does that thing have? Cresselia deserved to be moved in UU. But Kingdra being dropped down to RU? .-.

Thoughts?

Hippowdon in OU!?!?!?!?!
My life is complete.
Seriously I always found him as super useful when it comes to stalling and can take multiple hits at 3 stockpiles from super effective moves and still have time to heal/counter attack unless affected by status. Not sure why they moved it but that's my theory (unless it's just too good for UU).
All other changes don't seem to stick out high tier wise.

Well I guess that some of these changes were really unexpected , could be good or bad for different players :playful: Maybe it's that Hippowdon has many interesting movesets for different plays that it got moved , but overall , I find that the update to the tier list was decent-ish :)

I though Alakazam was already in OU.. oh well
Whimscott is still useless to all.
Gallade makes sense as its typing is bad :p
Abombasnow is still ugly :p
Noivern was good though ;_;
Tornadus needed an up :p
Slurpuff YAY @SuperMii3D
Hippowdon deserved it :)
Duoblade is nice with Evolite so UU makes sense
Cressilia is eh
Yay Slowking, Slowbro was getting to much attention

Slowking moved to UU? But muh Regenerator Core ;_;

Did it have to take me a week to reply? No, but apparently there is a thing know as "life" that likes to annoy my existance :p

I think that most of these changes were needed, particularly Slowking and Cresselia moving up to UU, they're annoyingly bulk for tier like RU. Less stall matches = more fun!
I don't find it surprising that Kingdra, Flygon and Noivern were moved down to RU, they haven't seen much usage as of late and the UU tier has better Pokémon that can fill their roles, the variety added to RU is appreciated too. I've been uing Flygon in RU lately and it's like it was destined to be there, it's not overpowered nor it gets countered very easily because of the lack of Fairy-type presence in the tier, although I see Aromatisse will become more popular as time goes on.
I don't understand some of the changes though, like Whimsicott in UU. I know it's Encore SubSeeding set is annoying but not impossible to get around, it's extremely predictable and a Poison-type move from pretty much anything will OHKO it.
Pokémon getting "bumped up" from Border Line tiers are pretty much irrelevant changes, as they technically already were part of the tiers they were moved to.

Mamoswine in UU!! They're crazy! It's going to be BL soon, I just know it. It's soooo strong. And Camarupt in RU? No more megas in NU... :cry::cry::cry:
I'm glad things are moving around though, it forces the meta to adapt with newer interesting teams.

Just want to say it here, (non-Mega) Gallade is NU now, which is ridiculous. I can see a suspect test coming really soon.

Mamoswine in UU!! They're crazy! It's going to be BL soon, I just know it. It's soooo strong. And Camarupt in RU? No more megas in NU... :cry::cry::cry:
I'm glad things are moving around though, it forces the meta to adapt with newer interesting teams.

Actually, Mega Audino is in NU. :3
So you can always use that. The Wish+Protect or the Calm Mind set is good.

Or you can use it in doubles with Trick Room. :3

Reactions: Vernal
Alakazam is OU now? wat. I thought it was too frail >.<)/

Alakazam is OU now? wat. I thought it was too frail >.<)/
Focus Sash + Magic Guard = not a care in the world >.<

It can surely pack a punch and it learns energy ball to take care of Rotom-W.

I'm not sure why Gallade was in OU in the first place :p Cresselia deserves to be in UU. Heck, it can even be a decent trick room monster in OU =/ I wanted Mandibuzz to stay in OU ;-; It's like Umbreon's evil physical twin brother .-. Doublade, I've heard it can hold its own with eviolite so I'm alright with it in UU. Slurpuff and Abomasnow are also UU worthy imo. Slurpuff's belly drum can annoy a lot of people and my scarfed Abomasnow surprises 'em too :p

Noivern... this thing does not deserve anything lower than UU. Choice specs + switcheroo >.>

Reactions: Vernal
Smogon made another tier Update. PU is now an official tier.

But anyway;

Granbull moved from NU to RU
Dragalge moved from UU to RU BL2
Exeggutor moved from NU to PU
Pawniard moved from NU to PU
Abomasnow moved from UU to RU
Gorebyss moved from NU to PU
Slowking moved from UU to RU
Medicham moved from RU to OU
Gothitelle moved from NU to PU
Zapdos moved from OU to UU
Bouffalant moved from NU to PU
Pinsir moved from NU to OU

Not sure why Zapdos was moved. But I guess you better start packing Hidden Power Grass for those Swamperts. @Lios , Slowking was moved back down. So I'm sure you're happy about that. Those weaknesses for Abomasnow didn't pay back for it. As it's taking its hail back to RU.

What do you guys think of the new changes?

Last edited:
Smogon made another tier Update. PU is now an official tier.

But anyway;
Granbull moved from NU to RU
Dragalge moved from UU to RU BL2
Exeggutor moved from NU to PU
Pawniard moved from NU to PU
Abomasnow moved from UU to RU
Gorebyss moved from NU to PU
Slowking moved from UU to RU
Medicham moved from RU to OU
Gothitelle moved from NU to PU
Zapdos moved from OU to UU
Bouffalant moved from NU to PU
Pinsir moved from NU to OU
Not sure why Zapdos was moved. But I guess you better start packing Hidden Power Grass for those Swamperts. @Lios , Slowking was moved back down. So I'm sure you're happy about that. Those weaknesses for Abomasnow didn't pay back for it. As it's taking its hail back to RU.

What do you guys think of the new changes?
I think with Hippowdon in OU Hippowdon can withstand Zapdos Hidden Power easily (especially with Stockpile and Slack Off) then again Zapdos has Roost. Pinsir in OU is hard to understand except maybe he has a typing advantage. Honestly I think there are just less people caring about tiers or if they do they are some strange minority. I have no real idea so don't quote me on this.

Medicham is understandable with stat boosts and few weaknesses and multiple type cover-ages but I always like my flying type coverage so I don't know how he got there because the stats he/she has are fairly low unless someone has a serious baton pass going on or Mega Items just make these Pokemon instantly up a tier.

Granbull deserved it. Was in all my nu teams. Great pokemon. :p

Pinsir in OU is hard to understand except maybe he has a typing advantage. Honestly I think there are just less people caring about tiers or if they do they are some strange minority. I have no real idea so don't quote me on this.

Medicham is understandable with stat boosts and few weaknesses and multiple type cover-ages but I always like my flying type coverage so I don't know how he got there because the stats he/she has are fairly low unless someone has a serious baton pass going on or Mega Items just make these Pokemon instantly up a tier.
I think it's because of the same reason why Loppuny (base form) is OU, its Mega Evolution. To be honest I find that to be a strange reason for a Pokémon to be moved up to those tiers, Pinsir's lackluster Speed renders it vulnerable to very powerful hits from the likes of Raikou, Volcarona, Keldeo and Mega Pidgeot. Medicham, although it can hold its own in the tier, it has to play very carefully, and most times relies on a choice item to do major damage to the opponent, but common Pokémon like Landorus-T, Azumarill and Mega Gardevoir don't really care much. Honorary mention to Talonflame, who easily shuts down both of these Pokémon thanks to Gale Wings.
I really don't know why they do it like this, instead of banning the Mega Stones in every tier except OU and Ubers.

Reactions: Artisan
Back